View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #4
Cuechick

Howdy! I am new here but will jump right in!

I am using Almased, it is ava at a decent price on Amazon and if you follow the directions for a serving (for me: 5' 6" & Under: 5-6 LEVEL tbls) it should last you 8-14 days... I have read where some say it only last 4 or 5 and I don't think they are measuring correctly. Mine, at 3 shakes a day last aprox 10-12 days.

I tried it for week before the holidays (lost 6 pounds) and after doing some research found a recipe that I really like. You just have to be a little creative. I went off it over the holiday (and did gain back the 6 plus 2! But I really did eat a lot... and it was good!) and started back with full commitment Monday.

I am planning to go 2 weeks and then see how I feel.
I mix it with Almond Milk, fruit, some fiber and just a little diet ginger ale which makes it very tasty. IMO, for me to stay committed for the long haul, it has to taste good! I also make a very low carb peanut butter cookie, which I have twice a day instead of adding oil to my smoothie... I lost 2.8 pounds the first day! I have not weighed myself again yet, but feel the progress.

Here is my daily plan broken down:

3 Almased smoothies a day (made with almond milk (chocolate or vanilla and yes, sweetened!), diet ginger ale, frozen fruit & fiber supplement)
2 peanut butter low carb cookies or 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
1 bowl egg drop soup (made with broth and 1 egg)
1-2 cup(s) coffee
As much tea & water as I want
1 dark chocolate candy if desired before bed

After the first two weeks, I plan to add in couple of light meals a week, 1 of those will replace a smoothie. I am keeping this open for now... I feel great but I work from home and have kept all my activities minimal so far.

I feel like this is a very livable plan and I really like it so far. As a food addict I think it is just easier to sometimes minimize your choices.

I do think any protein powder would probably work, I like Alamsed cause it is mostly natural and I don't think it really has any taste. So you can flavor it how you like. Some mix it as is with just water and I hear that it taste terrible... this should not be torture!

I only use about 4 ounces of the diet soda to about 6 of Almond Milk. So basically that is equal to 1 can of diet soda a day. I know a lot of people are anti diet sodas & artificial sweeteners, I am not one of them. I have cut out all other diet soda but do use artificial sweeteners in my tea and coffee. For me, it is fine, I am giving up food for the most part, that is enough imo.

The cookie by the way is very easy (hope it is ok to add recipes) I mix 1 cup peanut butter (you could also use cashew, almond...)
1/2 cup truvia baking blend sugar, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla. Mix all together and then spoon onto cookie sheet (I always get exactly 12 cookies) and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Must let cool completely before serving. Notice no flour!

Last edited by Cuechick : 01-02-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Cuechick is offline   Reply With Quote