View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #411
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!

I posted already on the JC forum, so I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote there because it was rather long and I have to get to my exercise. lol

This has been a fantastic weight loss week for me. I lost another 1.2 pounds from yesterday for a total loss this week of 3.6 pounds!! Now, I know some of that is that water weight gain (1.4 pounds) I had put on from Christmas, but I'm still jazzed about it. Aside from starting my walking DVDs on Monday, the only other thing I'm doing differently in the past 3 days when I've had the most loss is drinking one glass of lemon water (the juice of 1/2 a lemon with 6-8 oz of filtered water), 1/4 tsp of organic cinnamon and 1 tsp of manuka honey every morning. I know that lemon water alone helps to aid in weight loss as does cinnamon, but I remember reading that manuka honey is also beneficial for so many things and read a few posts in other forums of people using it in this combination to speed up their weight loss. I wanted to post about this when I lost a pound after doing it the first day, but I thought it was a fluke. Then I lost another 0.6 the next day and 1.2 the next. It can't be a fluke now, can it? I'm going to continue this for a while to see if it keeps helping. I know it can't hurt because all those ingredients are healthy for us. I make up for the 60 calories from the tsp of honey by drinking unsweetened almond milk for my dairy: twice the calcium and 2/3 the calories of non-fat milk, saving me 60 calories. If anyone decides to try it for themselves, I'd love to know what your results are, too. It's one of those seems-too-good-to-be-true things, but I can't argue with the results since my diet is basically the same foods each and every week and my walking DVDs have NEVER given me that quick of a weight loss before either.

Medeis, 12 hour shifts stink! I hope you're at least able to get up and walk around every 15 minutes or so.

Have a great day everyone!

Lost my first 25 pounds on my own and the rest (so far) with Jenny Craig

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote