View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 07:45 AM   #4
Robsia
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Day 1: Without Glucomannan

Weight loss. 1 lb so far.
I lost 1 lb overnight, which is good, but as we all know, the first few days tend to result in a larger loss than normal.

Calories: 1206.
My downfall is evening wine and nibbling. I tend to be quite good during the day, I have a small breakfast and lunch and a normal evening meal, but then I hit the wine bottle and the nibbles. So I had my normal meals, and I was strict with myself. No wine, and no nibbles. By the time I went to bed my stomach was growling audibly. I'm hoping that when I start the Glucamannan, that will stop, and I won't have the urge to nibble.

Exercise: 5.05 miles
I was good yesterday, I downloaded a pedometer onto my phone. Did 2.42 miles walking the dog, then did C25K week 1 in my bedroom. I know that sounds daft, but I do it in front of the TV watching an episode of Star Trek. I do the walking parts marching up and down in front of the TV, and alternating with side steps, and the running parts again back and forward in front of the TV. The workout only lasted 34 minutes and an episode of Star Trek is 45, so I just marched and stepped for the final eleven minutes. It probably isn't as good as a real workout, but I don't have to get out in the cold, and it's certainly as good as those workouts you do in front of videos. Then I worked out how many steps I had done according to the pedometer, and plugged it into here: http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/StepDistance.html

This gave me an equivalent distance of 2.3 miles. Then, you have to add on the steps walking round the house. According to the pedometer, I did 11891 steps yesterday in total, which converts to 5.05 miles.

I do have a treadmill which cost quite a lot of money, and I used to keep it in a little snug I had off the kitchen in our old house. But at the new house there is nowhere to put it so it's in the garage. So marching up and down the bedroom it is.

So, off to a good start unaided. Let's see how it goes.

My Glucomannan experiment | My Twitter

Last edited by Robsia : 01-02-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote