Old 01-01-2014, 11:24 PM   #68
shathom
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/182/170

Height: 5'4

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Welcome back!! Glad you came back before the weight all came back. I love this program. A friend just asked if I "have" to be so strict. I replied that I choose to be strict because it allows me to distance myself quickly from carbohydrates so I can minimize withdrawal but more importantly work on my sugar addiction. It is amazing to me how once I stopped following the rules and my fun day morphed into a fun weekend, then week, then life. At the same time my P1 day or so became a day became a half day then a protein shake followed by dessert and then disappeared altogether. Only when I divorce the carbs can I see it. Do I like it?? Heck no!! But it's what I have to work with. So I meditate and pray and do what I can to slay the carb dragon on a daily basis. (Sorry this is so woo-woo)
I know what you mean about the cheat days... I find that I feel my best when doing IP, I'm not not bloated and tired. It's a reality that I learned the hard way. I guess I also didn't learn that sugar (even when lots of pounds are lost) is NOT my friend this time I'm taking it 1 lb at a time, and trying to understand why I try to sabotage myself after accomplishing my goal.
I need to add a new ticker I guess.

REBOOT 12/2013
[

Last edited by shathom : 01-01-2014 at 11:25 PM.
shathom is offline   Reply With Quote