View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
Robsia
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Default My Glucomannan experiment

I was reading this article in the Daily Mail about a drink that makes you feel full so you eat less: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...cientists.html

And someone in the comments section mentioned that the primary ingredient was something called Glucomannan which, when i looked it up, seemed to have an actual real effect on weight loss.

So I did a bit of research and I bought some in powder form which is easily made up into a drink, or mixed with other food. And was also a LOT cheaper than the drink.

I only ordered it today so obviously I haven't got it yet, but in the interests of research when I start taking it I shall keep a record of my efforts here. Please note I will also be calorie counting and exercising as I normally would when i try to lose weight, but it'll be interesting to see if I manage to lose more than normal, and also feel less hungry than normal.

My normal weight loss seems to average at about 1.5 lb a week once it settles so anything more than 2 would be good.

Watch this space.

"Look at these people who run marathons. What makes them different to you?...
They have the same bones and muscles as you, the same sinews and organs...
you can do anything you want to, be anything you want to.
The only thing stopping you is you!

~ Money Can't Buy Me Love, by Julie Reilly

Last edited by Robsia : 01-01-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote