Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 09:25 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - January 2014 - Everyone Welcome!

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-31-2014 at 06:36 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Spinning yesterday was tough. I thought I would be good at it because of my running but it seems to exercise different bits of my legs. Anyway I was a sweaty mess after 50 minutes. But I think I will do it again. The standing up (hill climbs) was the hardest.

Down 0.6lbs today to 166.2lbs.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oats with 1 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Mackeral.

Lunch: Smoked sturgeon, jumbo lump crab, clams, 10 anchovies, 2 scrambled eggs, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 4 olives, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils, 1 chestnut.

Dinner: Beer (Clown Shoes Galactica).

Exercise: Ran 10k this morning. Will fit in 1 hour weight training this afternoon.

Could be difficult to get some exercise in over the next few days.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #3  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I feel slightly sore today from shoveling....no big deal....i'm headed to the gym soon....it's nice to have some vacation where I don't have to get up at 6 a.m. and can sit with a cup of hot chocolate or something....go to the gym when I'm ready and have time to read in the afternoon...one more week left of vacation!
Old 12-31-2013, 11:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Happy New Years everyone,

I have been through some hard times, My sister passed away just before Thanksgiving after a long period in Hospice where she was unresponsive almost all of that time. She is now finally at rest.

I have been anemic and extremely tired for the last six months. Recently, (one week ago) I started seeing a hematologist. Today he told me my anemia has resolved itself, and that he did nothing to make this happen, just ran tests.

Now he tells me that my blood work shows a problem with my immune system and I should see a rheumatologist.

I started tracking my food again yesterday 12/30/2013 and am looking forward to a better 2014.

Last edited by Larry H; 01-01-2014 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:57 AM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone! Happy New Years!

One of the holiday gifts was a pizza maker, which is kind of funny with the Nutri-Bullet next to it! Needless to say we had a pizza party last night! Everyone loved it in the house ~ it might be a long year... LOL

Went on vacation and gained three pounds, even while eating "the best of the bad", but lost one the day after we came home.

I might try some Intermittent Fasting as some people here have had good luck with it.

DH got a family membership at the local Rec Center, so I'll be posting about TRX90 (or whatever it is LOL), Spinning and/or Yoga, etc.

Happy 2014!!

Last edited by Inkrid; 01-01-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #6  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Today I will face the music and post my weigh in. I gained 2 pounds from eating off plan yesterday. I know it's not "real" weight, probably just water weight. I know drinking alcohol lowers my inhibitions and causes me to have problems. I had completely planned to weigh and measure my food last night but that didn't happen. I got a wedge of cornbread just like DH did. I got a large spoon of rice, and 1 bottle of wine led to us drinking 2. I know it's not the end of the world, but I had a different plan and didn't stick to it. So as of this morning I am up 10.2 pounds from the day we left for our vacation. Not good, but that's my starting point for 2014. I weighed daily while we were out of town. I ate lunch portions and kids portions. Again, I don't feel this gain is "real" weight. I feel it's mostly water weight. I am still dealing with my TTOM, too. I'm not sure if I will have a carry over gain tomorrow. I have been known to do that. But anyways, I am back on track, starting today. Also, I am really wanting to work on my mental healing this year. Dealing with the death of both of my parents continued to be a challenge in 2013. I want to continue to work on lowering my stress levels and get to a better place. As I always say, I am a work in progress.

Wishing everyone the best for 2014!

I will be back later for some personals. I need

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 170.4

Have a great day!
Old 01-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I Love the first few days when weight falls fast and furious

I will enjoy this slide for now as my experience has shown that this fast weight loss will not continue.

12/30/13 296 lbs
12/30/13 285 lbs
1/1/14 282 lbs
Old 01-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #8  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to stop in here and wish everyone a Happy New Year! Even though I don't post to this thread regularly, I think of you all and cheer on your success. Here's to a great 2014!
Old 01-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #9  
Warrior Princess

I hope we all have a great 2014!

I slept almost 12 hours. I guess I needed it.

It's snowed pretty bad again overnight. Hopefully they can get the streets somewhat cleaned off again so I can get to the gym otherwise I will have to drive very, very slowly. The gym is only a few blocks away but my Honda Accord is terrible in this weather.

Is it May yet??
Old 01-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #10  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Gearing up to take the little dog for a hike in the snow in our woods.

Food was ok 'til chips and dip got broken out again, planned to be off plan for a couple days, still hard not to feel the need to work it off anyway, guess that's a sign of healthy habits.

We're weighing in Friday to start our 12 week get that weight off challenge, hence the off plan days, really not as off plan as in the past, just can't do that anymore and glad of it.

Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-01-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:18 PM   #11  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

larry!! welcome back!!

I stayed up til almost midnight and have had a scratchy throat for a few days....I went to sleep and woke up sicker than I've been in a VERY long time my throat is so swollen that it's hard to talk, breathe or swallow and my nose is all stuffed up and I can feel my ears clogged too...I don't think it's an allergic reaction....I think it's a head cold....and I don't drink so it's not a hangover I slept in much later than normal and took some cold meds...I wont be going to the gym today and probably wont be doing much of anything
Old 01-01-2014, 06:42 PM   #12  

Height: 5'9"

Had a good day with No Sugar ~ well, except for DnD!

DH made us omelets with leftover holiday salmon and cheese.

For lunch had a chicken cutlet sandwich.

DnD run ~ minor fail with coffee and glazed donut.

Dinner Cheesy Chicken with pasta, veggies and corn.

Had two glasses of milk.

Think I'm done for today. LOL

Tomorrow will ease back into Paleo. Enough with the carbs already!

Last edited by Inkrid; 01-01-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:18 PM   #13  

Today was good - helped that I got up wayyy late (1pm) so didn't snack all day... especially having pigged out last night

1 cup coffee around 2pm, with a bit of milk

dinner: 12 pan fried (in just water) shrimp with garlic and lemon over spinach, bean sprouts, cucumber, tomato and onion with a homemade dressing made from a low-cal kraft zesty italian dressing, vinegar, franks red hot and some soy sauce.

snack I'm about to have: 1 slice low carb bread, toasted, with a slice of fat free sliced cheese melted over it

planned snack for later if I want it: sliced apple
Old 01-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #14  

Height: 5'2"

Hi! I've lurked on this thread for a couple months. Frankly, I'm not sure I should join this thread but I thought I'd take baby steps ....

I'm 51 years young. I'm physically fit because I regularly work out to home DVDs and attend yoga classes. However, I'm rather complacent about getting the last 10-15 pounds off. I'm not sure what my level of commitment is, so please forgive me if I "flunk out" here. Right now, I'm trying to motivate myself by jumping into a community. I may make a lot of mistakes.

For now, I plan to keep things simple:

1. Keep carbs under 150 grams (I'm terribly sensitive to sugar);
2. Keep calories under 1,500 a day;
3. Exercise 1 hour a day;
4. Allow myself one splurge meal on the weekends.

If I can't do well on my own, I may commit to a formal diet or WW for more structure .... I'm still feeling my way through this!

I recently read some fascinating stuff on fish intake in, all of things, "The Anatomy of Violence." (The science is a very readable and fascinating for laypeople.) There is a direct correlation between fish intake and violence in various countries. The stats are shocking! The author explains why fish intake is so important. So, while I'm not violent (smile), I do want to follow Ian's lead and incorporate more fish in my diet in 2014.

I will start logging my food tomorrow.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by Misha; 01-01-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:50 PM   #15  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Good luck Misha with the fish! It's certainly helped me. I eat mostly canned but also smoked, fresh and frozen for a treat when I have time.

My favorite has to be pan-seared scallops. Followed by crab and lobster.

My go-tos are sardines and kippers. And everything else in between.

And Happy New Year everyone.

No change today at 166.2lbs.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oats with 1 cup non-fat milk, 1 dried apricot, vanilla and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 coffee, milk, no sugar. Mackeral.

Lunch: Smoked salmon, baby prawns, mussels, 10 anchovies, 2 scrambled eggs, pickled garlic, tabasco sauce, hemp seed, 4 olives, kimchi, blueberries, tomato, seaweed, mushrooms, red onion, kidney beans, spinach, lentils, 1 chestnut.

Dinner: Beer (Clown Shoes Galactica).

Exercise: Ran 10k this morning.

Wife is going for a medical procedure tomorrow so I will have to look after her and the kids. So I will take a rest day from running but hopefully sneak in 1 hour of weight training somewhere.

Last edited by IanG; 01-01-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Closed Thread