View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 12:03 AM   #7
danzingurl77
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

I think everyone has given you great advice! I had the biggest weight loss my first year in college and I think for me it was all about being OVERLY prepared- like someone said earlier, scheduling workouts is a great idea- that was key for me, but I think what helped me the most was to do most of my cooking for the week on Sunday (my day off) and then I bought a lot of raw fruits and veggies to snack on- and when I was tempted by what everyone else had to eat, I had strawberries or something that I could also ENJOY (pick healthy foods that you LIKE- it shouldn't be a punishment to eat well). And I would make sure that in an emergency I would never get too hungry. If I was hungry and didn't have something healthy immediately available it was way too easy to hit up the vending machine. I would usually bring more fruit and vegetables than I needed but it was helpful when I was feeling like a bottomless pit and could eat a pound of carrots instead of binging on chocolate cake.

I would also say that nothing should be "off limits" while I am the first to admit that I'm not perfect, it helps me a lot when I have a craving to set a timer for 20 minutes- if I still want the food 20 minutes later, I'll have a little- but 8/10 times... When the timer runs out I am so proud of myself for not giving in in the moment that I don't even want the food anymore. Plus, for me- the moment I decide "I'll never eat _____ food again" ALL I can think about is how much I want it!!

Good luck
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote