View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
gymrat05

S/C/G: 210/185/137

Height: 5'8"

I lost the bulk of my weight during my first undergrad degree. I actually found it much easier to find the time to fit in workouts/food prep vs. when I was working full time after I graduated. The best thing to do is make a big schedule of all your commitments on a standard week and schedule your workouts, just like you would any other appointment. I usually had class from 8:30 - 10:30am every morning and then had 1-2 hours off before my next class. That was when I would workout. The gym was always quiet and it was still early enough that I got it out of the way. Most university gyms offer plenty of classes you can take (mine were included with my membership) as well. I really liked spinning (which can burn just as many calories as running for the same amount of time). Most of the time though, I did my own circuit training to work in cardio with my weights so that I was more efficient.

In terms of food, it makes a big difference if you're living on campus or off. If you have your own kitchen I really recommend batch cooking things like chills and stews and freezing them for later. I always do a big cook when I know I have a busy week of tests and assignments because then I don't have to worry about coming home and having nothing for dinner or choosing convenience over quality.
Mini Goal #1: 169lbs
Mini Goal #2: 164lbs
Mini Goal #3: 159lbs
Mini Goal #4: 154lbs (LOWEST WEIGHT AS AN ADULT)
Mini Goal #5: 149lbs
Mini Goal #6: 144lbs
Mini Goal $7: 139lbs
Mini Goal #8 (Maybe): 134lbs
gymrat05 is offline   Reply With Quote