View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
Jean

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining, the wind is blowing hard, and the wind chill is -15 right now. It's supposed to be -5 tonight so hate to think what the wind chill will be then. We went to early church and not many there, so won't be much to count on Tuesday except we will have money from Christmas Eve services and the bags looked pretty full. I had planned to dismantle the tree this afternoon. However, even the best plans go by the wayside. After we ate lunch there was an interesting program on the history channel so I sat down to watch. Bob and Ernie were in the loveseat and Sonny was snoozing in my rocker so that left the recliner for me. Big mistake! I fell asleep and woke up an hour and a half later with Sonny snoozing on my lap, Bob and Ernie snoozing on the loveseat. Now I don't feel like starting on the tree. Maybe I'll do a load of laundry instead.

Susan -- Most of our snow is gone again and Bob mentioned there will be frozen pipes because there is no snow cover for insulation and it's so cold. Hopefully not our's! So far I haven't gotten any emails from you, but I did get a strange one with a "download" button attached. The iPad shows the entire email as I scroll through the list. I didn't recognize the name so dumped it. I hope there are some summer clothes out in January as I need some new capris and shirts before we go to Maui. We don't have much storage space for the gift shop so end up selling some things at cost just to get rid of them. We do a seasonal sale after each holiday.

"Gma" -- As soon as I read "you know where this is going" I had to . It's nice you can make your bracelets to match outfits and enjoy doing so. It's too bad you have to have a different doctor but I hope you will like her. The waiting is the worst imo. I agree with Jack on NO mushrooms! I think they are rubbery and slimy! I don't know if you got it, but on FB there was a "364 days until Christmas" notice on the 26th!

Maggie -- Cold is cold! Our warning is through tonight; I can't help but think of my stray black cat and hope he can find shelter somewhere out of the wind. I ended up dumping some yogurt that was way past the date on the label and it was watery when I opened it. I do need to make myself get more and eat it. Thanks for sharing the recipe. The gift shop buyer ordered teeny tiny accent lights, not sure how many were on a string but would look cute on a mantle in greenery or wherever. Someone bought all 20 boxes at one time! Had she known we could have sold a truck load of those! Employees were really disappointed when they were gone. You just never know what will be a hit or a miss, that's for sure.

I need to clear off my kitchen island as I still have the gift shop books out. Hope you all enjoy a nice evening and stay warm!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote