View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #40
65X65

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
I wonder if people just don't think before they talk or are they really that clueless.
Last week at a school party for my son - a woman commented that she didn't recognize me until she heard my voice. I'm getting used to that now - I hear it alot.
Another woman I didn't know joined the conversation and asked point blank how many lbs I had lost after she heard I was half the size I was last year. I said I've lost half my body weight, quite a bit. She said: But exactly how many pounds did you loose?

I was floored that she could be so rude and I just said again: I'm literally half the size I was last year: let's leave it at that.
I was horrified that she was so pushy about it and kept asking.
Hi- all I haven't been around much lately...but have tried to spot read a few posts a day until the travel and other things in my life that have kept me off line a lot settle down...hoping after the 1st to be back more!

Anyway..This one is near and dear to my heart and I recognize and identify with many who have been made to squirm a bit these last few weeks.

This is a personal area. Very much so. Some are, and have said they are OK with this discussion and fine with answering openly.

It appears from my year on the forum, most of us are uncomfortable with this level of detail, esp to people who have no need (right) to know ....except they are NOSEY! And most likely gossipy too, and it gives them a topic for discussion when you are not around...REALLY AWFUL!!

It is OK to evade this question. This whole thing belongs to you. It is NOT in the public domaine. Neither is how or what you are doing in detail something you are obligated to talk about. Some people need a more blunt smack in the ears tho' and a good pat answer that you can pop off to anyone who asks is the best defense. Mine was to look the person squarely in the eyes...and look horrified...and then with a weak smile..say.." You know that question makes me REALLY uncomfortable, and I've made the decision not to share that information with anyone..(or only my Dr...etc)" Read.."shame on you for asking."

"Thanks for noticing tho' ...." is always a nice segue into something else. Weather, Sports, sale at the mall...new book you just read or want to buy.......
READ AGAIN..."SO DONE talking about this ..with YOU!"
After a while the blunt nosey questions will stop. It is something you own all the rights to control. Answer...share...and the talk goes on and on...or end it "politely"...and start living your life as the new you.

You probably don't need to be on a public stage once that starts...so be careful, and know what ever you do choose to share will be out there while you are still working to figure this last bit out.

This part of who you are is not over for a long time..if ever. Chose your companions wisely.

Best wishes in the new year to all who have done so well these last months, and enjoy the wonderful things that await as you reach your goal and figure out maintenance.