South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekending on the SBD Beach, 12/28-29

Good morning! Sorry I never got in to post yesterday, but I was feeling "under the weather", and took a day of rest. Thankfully, it was just what the doctor ordered, and I'm feeling much better today.

Hopefully, it will be a quiet day, and a quiet weekend. I love Christmas but I've had enough. I'm ready to get back into my normal routine.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Cottage! Glad you are feeling better. DS was sick with the flu bug two days ago, I am holding my breath no one else gets it (I've found it takes 2 days til the next one does...).

I know this week my schedule is sure messed up! It's Saturday, right? Yesterday felt like Saturday to me. I'm not upset I get an extra day off next week though .

I need to get back on track, but I will be realistic in that 100% will be after NYE. I eat pretty well in between, but my weight keeps going up and up and up, I'm doing the creep. I know a large part of it is my decrease in exercise, so I've put that back in the schedule as well. It helps I finally found my FM transmitter for the tv so I can go on the treadmill before 6 am without waking the house up. I'm not wild about getting up that early, but I admit it's the only way it will work.

For today - off to work for the morning/early PM, and then ??. I found a kalyn's recipe I'm making for later...basically cabbage ham and pinto soup. Mmmmmm!
Old 12-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Tammy and Linda. Sorry to hear of some folks a tad under the weather. This season seems to do that too us.

This is the last weekend of the year and it feels like it's Monday. That's probably just as well as I've been goofing off all week and need to get it together. Well, maybe not together but at least bunched!

Aside from a bottle collection, all the remains of the Eve party are gone. I lots of fiddly little frozen stuff in the freezer - spring rolls, mini-quiche, etc. which are going to Joanne's party. The leftover veggie tray stuff is now soup.

After the scale shock yesterday, I realized I didn't start a December weightloss Challenge. I guess I could see where that would be headed for me. A day of clean eating with no partying let me knock 3 pounds off the ticker - probably water retention from snackie things.

We have snow again today and it'll continue to contribute for the next three days. We will also be getting a bit of rain when the temperature goes up - that makes for yet another mess as it freezes. The snow on the deck just has to be cleared a bit more or we will be stuck in the house. I hate to do it but I will get some salt and sand today - not for the deck because of doggy paw pads but for the other steps and walk.

Enjoy this last weekend of 2013.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, ladies. Must be the time of year for colds and such; DS1 came home from the grandparents' house feeling congested and with a sore throat. A day in bed has helped him rally a bit; hopefully no one else gets it.

I figured out today is Saturday, but I thought yesterday was as well! Today I think I will got browsing at the mall and look for deals. I always try to fill the box I keep of "just in case" gifts at this time of year, usually with things like scarves, mittens and Holiday decor. It really helps when you suddenly need a little something for a teacher, coworker, etc.

I am not surprised to see my weight creep up with all the food around here. My exercise for the week was non-existent until I spent a hour shoveling yesterday. Ruth, we are also slated for some snow and potential wintry mix tomorrow which will be a lot of fun, NOT!

Hope everyone has a great day. I am going to start out with an OP breakfast, but I can't make many promises after that.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

at Beth!

Doesn't it just give the rest of you Beachies a nice warm feeling knowing that Beth and I are going to be shoveling again?!
Old 12-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth and Beth. Sorry to hear about more snow shovelling. Its shaping up to be quite a winter

Linda. Here's to having a quiet and restful weekend

Tammy I can almost taste that soup. That should get you back on track

Trying to get up after a week of so many pitfalls. We never lost power. Yesterday we went for a drive in our neighbourhood and the destruction is unbelievable. I remember those baby maples being planted 35 years ago. Had a wonderful time wih all my family here for Christmas. Sure is nice having little ones around on christmas morning. Not sure whats on for the weekend. Have a good one everyone and those to follow
Take care
Sophie
Old 12-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I have been up and at started cleaning and doing laundry, will get back to it shortly. I am going to take outside decorations down since we leave on Monday and I don't want to take a chance something might blow away but I will leave the Christmas tree up until we get back.

Ruth my scale dropped 3 lbs this morning as well I was happy to see that and continue downward trend.

Cottage glad your feeling better today

Twynn my scale has been doing the same and I know part of that is my exercise time has gone down that will be another goal of mine more intense workouts for January and op eating.

Beth hope you don't have to shovel too much snow

Sophie glad you had a wonderful time on Christmas sorry to hear about the destruction in your neighborhood. Was it from ice?

Okay back to work I go and I still have to start packing
Old 12-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I too have been on a roller coaster this month. I could use all the excuses, traveling, holidays etc. Ultimately my choices were like my weight up and down all month. I too got a water whoosh today. I am down 2.5 from yesterday which "may" actually be more. My mom scale is always a little less forgiving than mine.

Today we are taking down her outside decorations as still no real change in my step dad. His BP is very low 86/50, he is quite weak and exhausted. His WBC hasn't improved either. Test after test and nothing is coming up. Very strange. Not to mention he is being quite nasty to my mom. Patience she prays for because I think she would like to slug him lol MEN!!!

Not sure when I will come back, don't really want to drive in tomorrow's storm
Old 12-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I don't know where today went. There's nothing productive to show for it Making dinner and figuring tomorrow is another day.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:10 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Yes, it is another day. The days between Christmas and New Year's are so confused. I actually have to keep checking what day it is.

Did get a few odds and sods done yesterday but not much. Today should be better. There will be shovelling for sure. It will be quite mild (31ºF right now) but then we go way below zero again. I must focus on getting the ice off the steps before then.

Happy fifth day of Christmas! I'm not sure what to do with the five golden rings I'm expecting. The dove and other birds are in the soup pot.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:26 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning
I didn't get here yesterday I slept too late and work came too fast.

We are on our usual schedule went to bed early and got up early. I'm just about to head up to the project. I can't say I'm looking forward to it but I'll have a day up there by myself to catch up. The new tenants want to move in early so it's motivation for us to keep going.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Had a great day yesterday - DH wanted to go to Bilger rocks, which would be immensely fun in the summer to climb and play on, and a bit more of a challenge with snow and ice . However, we still had a great time, and the weather was gorgeous!

I guess today means more of a housework day, especially since it's supposed to be yucky out. Clean out the fridge, prep a few food items, and maybe read a book and take a nap.

Preppin' myself for eating healthy in 2014!
Old 12-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Sort of goofed off most of yesterday and am feeling a bit of guilt this morning. I hope that spurs me to get things done - boring things like laundry and breaking down boxes to go to recycling next week. We are going to be fairly mild today - 35ºF is spring around here - so it'll be a good day to chip the rest of the ice off the steps before we get another dump of snow and colder weather.

Another open house is on the schedule for this afternoon but I may beg off on this one. I seem to have the beginning of a cold and want to nip it in the bud rather than spread it around. Too bad it's too early in the day for my usual hot Neo-Citran and scotch!

Hmmm - maybe a nap would help. The doggage have actually gone back to their beds.

Whatever you do today, enjoy it because there are only two more days until 2014 after this one!
Old 12-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another exciting day of shopping and chores ahead. I didn't get enough done yesterday, of course, so the list is still mighty long. Snow and cold are heading our way so today is the day to get out.

Ruth - A nap sounds like just what the doctor ordered, so say the doggage Hope that cold hits the road before it settles in more.

Tammy - I'm doing the healthy eating prep too. Made buffalo ranch roasted chickpeas yesterday and planning hummus and veggies today. I figure the more healthy options I have the better.

Debbie - you are amazing! You've got more energy than anyone I know. Hope today is successful

Okay, better get moving on the list. I'm roasting my birds from the first four days.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, mom is holding me hostage because of the rain. We are going to the hospital. then to Fresh Market (like Whole Foods) Down another pound today. It still amazes me how a few simple changes brings the swoosh! White flour is definitely not my friend. I do feel a cold coming on so I need to go home tomorrow. Don't want to expose my stepdad to any more germs. He has been moved to a regular room on the cardiac floor. He is more with it, but not right.

We did get the outside decorations down. Today will be a relaxing day....hopefully
Closed Thread