Old 12-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189.6/164.9/145

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation December 2013 friends and losers! LAWL

Hey Ladies....
This is the last month of the year. Let's try our best to achieve our goals/mini-goals before the holiday feasts begin!
Shy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #2  

Ugh.
I'm afraid my weight's back up. I'm not exactly sure what it is right now.... I overslept this morning and had to rush downstairs and make the kids lunches!
I went away for the weekend and I indulged in lots of yummy foods

I have to pull my pants up, jump on the saddle and not look back! lol

I was around this weight last year and got to my goal just before i went away for a vacation in mid-February! I did it then... I'll do it again. I liked the feeling of the freedom I had to eat anything I wanted and the feeling of how my clothes felt and looked on me!
I want that back AND I'm going to get it....

Who's with me????
Old 12-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #3  

So... this morning I decided that whatever my weight is on the scale, I will try and do a TO! I need to jump start this journey again.... just like I did before and then all my efforts fell apart as there were too many family gatherings taking place.

I casually come down the stairs and DH ambushes me to inform me that his friend will be in town tonight and will come by tomorrow at some point! What??? Again???
Hmm.... I just took apart my entire hallway closet and want to reorganize it. In fact, i already started yesterday and I have a mess all over! I have items all over my dining room table and floor as well. I'm filing important papers that were never dealt with and putting away mountains of clutter!

The only reason I started these projects is because I was confident that no one was coming over and i need to deal with these things once and for all! It will take me days to deal with it....
Agh. Now I have to put it in some sort of box and take it out another day... God knows when that will be! I'm in the mood to deal with it now! It will take a long time to get the motivation again.

Which brings me to my current predicament.... I decided that there was too much stress placed on me today to even try to do TO, so I decided not to.
Hmph. End of story.

How are you ladies doing? Hopefully better than me!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #4  

Dec 5
TOM.... need I say more? Or can I call it pre-TOM? The symptoms are there.....

How are you girls? What's up? Where is everyone? Am I the only one posting around here? I'm not losing weight, I'm not even trying to right now... I'm here to give support and chat.
I'm trying to keep this thread alive, as you said to. Nicole, you told me to keep posting and people will come!
LOL.... where is everybody?

I'll be jumping on the bandwagon soon.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #5  

My weight has a mind of its own right now. It's up and down like a yo-yo!
... Still pre-TOM....

LOL...my weight is just like the weather around here! It got strangely warm yesterday and all those huge piles of snow banks have mostly melted. I can see green grass again. Most of the evidence of the two huge snow storms we had is gone. And now the temperature has dipped so low that it's freezing out there and snow is expected tomorrow!
Crazy.

What's the temperature like where you guys are?
Old 12-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #6  

TOM's here and I've decided not to weigh myself at all during this time.
I'm trying to drink more water again.... I've been lacking in that department for a long time. lol. I'm back on my iron pills religiously and that is the reason I'm back to drinking water. funny. Without the pills, i've noticed that I haven't been drinking a drop!

Let's hope that it does something for my weight... however, if i stop eating everything in sight.......
Old 12-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #7  

Okay..... so i waited the entire day before I decided to check and see if there was any response......
Still nothing!
It's like you guys dropped off the face of the earth as soon as your Thanksgiving holiday was over. LOL
But seriously.... where are you guys at? How are things going?
Old 12-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/175/145

Height: 5'3"

Morning,

Just reading your posts...I decided to go back to Ideal Protein for a few weeks to give myself a jumpstart. I had a back injury and gained a lot with the steriods etc...I am going to do IP for a few weeks and then go back to something more liveable.

I need to start working out again too. I just bought a new kickboxing dvd that I really want to try...hoping it does not bother my back!

So I am trying to decide what to switch to after IP...do I do LAWL, WW or something else entirely???
barri1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #9  

Hey Barri!!!!!
Glad you're back but feel really bad that you injured your back! I hope you get back up soon and to your regular self in no time!

I think that's a great idea to give yourself a jumpstart.... we all need one! I think it will be very motivating for you and keep you on track.
I've only ever done LAWL and it's worked for me (when I'm on it). I can't speak for WW or IP or anything else.... I'm sure they work as well. I guess you have to figure out which one is best for you to achieve the results you want.... now and in the long run.

I know, from personal experience, that LAWL has worked for me two times now. I reached my goal and then my centre closed down. I ended up gaining almost all the weight back and vowed never to go there again. That's when i started losing really religiously last September... 2012. I reached my goal (and then some) by mid-February and mid April (after a holiday). I felt great!!!
There aren't enough words to describe the liberating feeling. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to teach myself how to stabalize..... I had so many gatherings to attend to. Then summer hit and I was even more busy.
I didn't care... I ate what I wanted to and weighed myself everyday to keep myself in check. I hovered around 4 lbs above my goal weight and had a fanctastic summer! The freedom to eat what I wanted and the enjoyment to buy clothes I liked that looked great on me and made me feel even better.
Unfortunately, my weight started to go up around mid August. I kept it in check and didn't let it go above a certain number. I've been up and down since. I've tried the TO and had great success but, of course, everything went up in smoke the minute we had to go out of town for family gathering that was not expected. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered to do the TO. Oh well. There has been quite a few more gatherings since and I've gotten to the point that I might as well wait until after the holidays to do something about my weight. I've got so many invites.....
I will watch what I'm going to eat and not go overboard... hopefully. But I think, right now, for me it's better to wait until i have finished with the parties! lol

Barri: be careful when you start your DVD. Take it easy and slowly at first... you don't want to add any extra strain on your back.
Take care and keep posting. Let us know how IP is going for you!
Old 12-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #10  

first day TOM-free and I didn't even get a chance to weigh myself. LOL... I hit the floor running this morning and I only slowed down right now to have an afternoon cup of tea! Phew.... what a day!

I should be able to get back on track tomorrow... I already know that my weight is up and I've already decided that I will do something about it in the new year. But.... that doesn't stop me from wanting to know my actual weight and to eat healthy and properly in the mean time, eh?
There could be side benefits....

Can you believe that I didn't even have lunch today? I had a half a slice of bread with pb on it for breakfast and that was it! I'm having cookie right now with my tea. Crazy busy day!

How are you guys doing??
Old 12-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #11  

Agh.... my ticker is right! My weight is 152.0 lbs....
r-e-a-l-i-t-y
I seem to be hovering around this number since I gained back some weight at the end of the summer. It seems that my body is comfortable around this mark but I need to shock it back into losing. I want to go down 12. lbs!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #12  

has anyone hear of the cookie diet.
sweertmarie1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #13  

Hi Sweetmarie,
No.. I've never heard of the cookie diet. What is it?
Old 12-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #14  

We had a huge snow storm, again, over the weekend. Things have finally settled in the last hour and the sun is shining! It was hectic and the driving was intense... of course, I had to be out there doing errands. LOL

How are you all doing?
Are you ready for xmas... if you celebrate it?
Old 12-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #15  

Hmm.....
Maybe it's a good thing.... my scale needs new batteries. I might just leave it until the new year!
Afterall, I'm not doing anything about my weight until the new year.....
I already know that I gained -- just not sure how much.