Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone. This morning I hit my goal. 80lbs gone. So I'm going to take a moment to enjoy it and reflect on my experience.......ok, now that's over. I've been teetering back and forth on whether to stop or keep going for about 3 weeks now. Last week, I decided that when I hit my original goal of 80 lbs, that I would give myself 5 more weeks to loose an additional 25 lbs. This will bring me down at an even 200 lbs and in the event that after I have stopped the Ideal Protein and resumed "normal" eating habits I gain 15 or 20lbs back, I will be in a lot better shape that if I stopped now. But I don't plan on gaining that much back!

Some I noticed this past week. I've been getting a little dizzy and light headed when I get up too fast or if I am bending over and stand up too quickly. I was evening a little light headed when we were out shopping this weekend. I am hoping this will pass. I experienced a little bit of this around week 5 and 6.

I hope everyone has a good day. Only 2 days till Christmas! Oh and for all the Seinfeld fans, Happy Festivus!!!
Old 12-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Congrats Allend on hitting your goal! 80 lbs is a huge achievement!

Are you getting all your salt in? I know if I start getting lax on the salt I get dizzy (or, dizzier, according to dh!).

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 12-23-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #4  

Congrats Allend on goal! You'll figure out wha is best for you.

Congrats slipfree & welcome to I onderland. It's a great place to live.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!!

We were supposed to get hit with another ice storm last night, but from looking at the small amount of ice on my windshield, I guess it didn't happen. Thank goodness!! So many trees are falling and branches breaking from the storms the last two days.

Hope everyone keeps warm and safe today!!

sologirl Yup, PC points. I can get 600 points this week on romaine hearts and 400 on cucumbers. lol Then it listed a bunch of organic chips/cereals, etc.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Had my first WI this morning - 5 pounds gone! I was thinking it would be more but I don't have that much weight to lose. I feel great so that's what is important!
Old 12-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hi all, had my weigh in, -.4. Not surprised, its been a tough week. My coach has been talking about me doing a cleanse. Has anyone done a cleanse on IP? Makes me nervous!
Old 12-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #8  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkel244 View Post
Hi all, had my weigh in, -.4. Not surprised, its been a tough week. My coach has been talking about me doing a cleanse. Has anyone done a cleanse on IP? Makes me nervous!
I've done the cleanse but I have a hard time doing the pills more than a couple days at a time. (I travel for work and it doesn't go well when you have 45 mins between bathrooms!) I never got constipated before and since I did it for a few days a couple weeks ago I seem to be dealing with constipation now.

My coach says to start out with half doses and gradually add until you feel its working as it should.... it can hit hard! LOL! I did it again for the weekend so we'll see how this week goes.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #9  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by serlinr View Post
Had my first WI this morning - 5 pounds gone! I was thinking it would be more but I don't have that much weight to lose. I feel great so that's what is important!
5lbs in a week is great serlinr!

Quote:
lilkel This is my opinion only, but I've never been a fan of cleanses because no one has been able to tell me exactly what exactly it is supposed to do. If you have functioning kidneys and a liver, your body does all the "cleansing" needed - no need for an expensive "cleansing" product. I'm sure people more knowledgeable than me will jump in, but that's my 2 cents.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

Allend: congratulations on reaching goal.

Congrats to all the weigh in's today. Mine was at -2.4 this morning. I'm so happy I didn't succumb to all the temptation this weekend.

Lisa: welcome to sunny FL This weekend was beautiful.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
My mom did the cleanse from the IP clinic and it did nothing for her! When I first started, I didn't go for a long time, even though I was eating the 'leafy greens' people recommended! I take probiotics everyday and don't eat 'leafy greens' daily and seem to not have the Big C problem anymore. Everyone has a different body so you need to find what works for you. The way I look at it, if IP is going to give me the Big C, I'm going to find a solution for the entire time I'm on IP (so a daily probiotic) rather than a quick fix (like a cleanse).
Old 12-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #12  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I suffered from the Big C when I first started IP, but I find that ice cold water in the morning gets things going for me.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Allend428, congrats on 80 pounds! I often get the dizziness when I get up. For me, I think my blood pressure medicine (very low dose) may need adjusting because of my weight loss. I am hesitant because I know that my bp is higher during the week. (I teach 7 th grade, that says it all) and the dizziness is usually on the weekends. For now, I just put my head down and take some deep breaths. Have you noticed any patterns with the dizziness? Mornings? Too long between meals?

Lisa, thanks Onederland feels pretty good. It has been 10 years since I have been here. I intend to reside here for the rest of my life!

As for the cleanse, I would say no. You still lost weight this week during a crazy social time of year. I have dealt with C a lot during my 3 months on IP. I started taking Metamucil fiber caplets and someone recommended a tea. (Smooth move)

Lots of errands to do today, but it is pouring rain
Old 12-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #14  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Now residing in ONEDERLAND for the rest of my life!

Congrats on Onederland Slipfree and I LOVE your siggy!
Old 12-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Ruthann, Kawaii and I have a joke about Twoderville being the town next to Onederland. I messaged her that I now reside at 199 Onderland! Lol
Closed Thread