General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/252/135

Height: 5' 6

Default what do you have on repeat

I love reading and making lists especially of books and songs. One way I thought one way I could reward myself is with new music when I hit little goals. I enjoyed reading what people read last month so I thought I'd ask about what your listening to. I like finding new artists and songs or remembering forgotten ones. So for the last few weeks these are a few that I find myself listening to over again.

Wonderful Tonight. Eric Clapton
Thirteen by Big Star
I need my girl by The National
Happy Xmas by John Lennon
shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Lately? Josh Groban's latest cd, All That Echoes. His last two offerings I've been ambivalent on first listen, and then they grow and grow on me to be favorites. This cd is awesome, and improves every time I listen.

Also - The a Civil Wars. Nuff said.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 12-05-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Honestly? OK. What's on repeat right now for me are:

Chase & Status - International (Skrillex remix)
Major Lazer - Watch Out For This (Bumaye)

I'm totally into bass and dancehall. Always have been. Even when I was 12 I loved electronica and bass...and there's a very weird connection between the Finnish people and reggae. I have no idea why, but I suppose Jamaicans and Finns are both rebels enough to like similar kind of music :-)
SparklyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #5  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

It's so cold and snowy here but hot hot hot where my husband is. So to combat the lonliness I am mostly listening to songs that sound like summer and love.

Ever since I saw the charming video for Yalin's "Keyfi Yolunda Aski Sonuda" it has been my go to song. It just makes me dance and dance. I tend to follow it up with Vampire Weekend, especially their new album "Modern Vampires of the City," and finish it out with Bostich + Fussible.

I'm usually a post modern classical kind of gal so this is a very strange soundtrack for me.
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

James Morrison...have the CD in the car and have been listening to it for about a week now. Before that was Alicia Keys, didn't want to wear the CD out so changed for a while, lol. Her Girl on Fire is awesome!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

I really enjoy listening to Crystal Bowersox (American Idol runner up season 9 I think).

Anyway she just came out with a new Christmas song "Coming out for Christmas." it's really quite good.

And as far as books. I haven't really had much time to read anything expect School Text books. lol..

I did read a book on Domestic Violence called “Woman submit. Christians & Domestic Violence.” by Jocelyn E Andersen. Very sad book.. So good though.

Last edited by imnotperfect24; 12-15-2013 at 02:06 AM.
imnotperfect24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #8  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

Right now, the soundtrack from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Once more with feeling"
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #9  
Skinny chick

"Marry Me" by Jason Derulo!
NCchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #10  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklyBunny View Post
Major Lazer - Watch Out For This (Bumaye)
I am OBSESSED with the Andy C and Bonde do Role remixes of "Get Free." They were my summer jams and they continue to be my winter jams.

Also obsessed with "Tom Ford" by Jay-Z.

I've been listening to a ton of "psybient" lately - Bluetech, Desert Dwellers, Ott, Younger Brother, Shpongle, really trippy electronic/world music.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
I am OBSESSED with the Andy C and Bonde do Role remixes of "Get Free." They were my summer jams and they continue to be my winter jams.

Also obsessed with "Tom Ford" by Jay-Z.

I've been listening to a ton of "psybient" lately - Bluetech, Desert Dwellers, Ott, Younger Brother, Shpongle, really trippy electronic/world music.

I just added the Andy C remix of Get Free to my next commuting/walking playlist. Thank you :-)

I wish there was a really easy way to add some stuff from BBC Radio 1 to my iPod. I don't care for the regular chart music, but I like a lot of the stuff they play in Essential Mix and Annie Mac Mashup.

I'm aging in a weird way. I either want just peace and quiet or plenty of bass and hoptastic beats! :-) I also like to listen to some mellow electronica from Digitally Imported as background music when I'm working on my computer.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 265/252/135

Height: 5' 6

Oh, new to me music to look up. I love that so thank you.
@ Artic Mama when I see your name I keep reading it as Artic Monkeys and then I want to go listen to I bet you look good on the dancefloor.
@tefrey I just watched that video and yes so charming. Your dance dance comment reminded me of a video I like Bon Iver and Lykke Li doing Dance Dance Dance. A blog I like, a beautiful mess, mentioned Vampire Weekend and I keep meaning to look them up so thanks for the reminder
@FrouFrou have been listening to Girl on Fire and Brand New Me find them inspiring
@ SparklyBunny Have never really listened to electronica. I read in an old Health mag that around 30 min of dancing can burn around 200 cal. So have been adding this to my daily exercises as know I can do this. Surprised to find how hard it is to let go even in my own house and just dance. Anyway maybe should look up some dance hall music. Two I like for this is Michael Franti Say hey I love you feat. Cherine Anderson and Janelle Monae Tightrope
@CherryPie99 am planning on downloading some Imagine Dragons today. Saw them on Grammys so great.

Last edited by shea; 12-16-2013 at 03:05 PM.
shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #13  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

These are on my walking playlist, so I listen to them all the time:

Wolfgang Gartner - Illmerica
Daft Punk - Around the world / harder better faster stronger (live)
Deadmau5 - Suckfest9001, Animal Rights, Some Chords, Ghosts n' Stuff
Arcade Fire - Reflektor (I LOVE this song)
Muse - all of their music
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #14  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shea View Post
@ Artic Mama when I see your name I keep reading it as Artic Monkeys
I have thought the same thing!!!!

Last edited by joefla70; 12-19-2013 at 09:27 PM.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
These are on my walking playlist, so I listen to them all the time:

Wolfgang Gartner - Illmerica
Daft Punk - Around the world / harder better faster stronger (live)
Deadmau5 - Suckfest9001, Animal Rights, Some Chords, Ghosts n' Stuff
Arcade Fire - Reflektor (I LOVE this song)
Muse - all of their music
You seem like someone who'd love Streetlife DJs (or most things that are signed with Kitsuné) :-) Unfortunately they took down all their podcasts, but I have (I think) all of them, so if you want them I'm happy to share.