Old 12-17-2013, 12:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/273/173

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Goal - 24 lbs - 30 lbs in 17 weeks

In a little over 17 weeks (April 21st) it is my 2 year anniversary with my husband. I would like to be under 250 lbs by then, preferably 30 lbs lower then where I stand now in that time (273 lbs currently, 243 lbs goal). That's 24 - 30 lbs in 17.8 weeks...which is about 1.3 - 1.6 lbs a week. If I lose 35.6 lbs (2 lbs per week) I'll be happy, but I know it's not plausible to aim for 2 lbs a week. I haven't been below 250 in 2 years, and I would like to see it by then. I'm going to use this to keep track of my goals.

I am doing the paleo 80/20 lifestyle, and working out at the youfit with my sister-in-law, seeing a personal trainer once a week to keep me motivated and learn new things. I started working out last week, I started paleo about a month ago, though I haven't been following it as closely as I have wanted. Once I get paid I would like to push myself further into the paleo lifestyle to help boost this change for myself, and get healthy.

Anyone want to try to lose 24 - 30 lbs by April 21st? The more the merrier.
mylove0mylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:14 AM   #2  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

I'm up for a challenge, April 20 is my birthday so it makes a good day goal for me.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #3  

Sweet! Welcome aboard!
Old 12-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #4  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile I'm In!

I will join. I think that is a doable goal to work towards and achieve. My food plan is for diabetics customized by a R.D. I alternate cardio with strength exercises with free weights.

See my ticker for my weight. I will add another ticker below that to track my progress of doing this challenge.

Pam
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #5  

I don't think I can do tickers yet. I think I need 20 posts before I can. I'll put one up once I get to that point. Welcome!
Old 12-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Good luck!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #7  
Mummy-tummy battler

pam good idea with the ticker for this goal, hopefully will help keep me even more focused (especially at this time of year!).

mylove thanks for starting this challenge, I was looking for one to help me get going.

I'm doing weight watchers as my plan and I won't be aiming to lose quite as much weight as ya'll (although it would be spectacular LOL). I just did the conversion (I work in metric) and realised that would be under my goal weight. So I've made it my challenge to get to goal by my birthday which should be very doable. But considering how long I've been losing weight we'll see. And who knows I might get there faster and reassess my goal to lower.

Last edited by jitterfish; 12-17-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #8  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

When I looking back over this past year the period of time that I did lose the most weight over a period of a specific time was to be more specific about my daily goals. I joined a short term weight loss challenge. We used an excel spreadsheet format which we checked off the specific "to do" things to keep our weight loss and exercising momentum going. I had never done anything like this before and I will admit it is very effective in helping a person to lose weight. I did take over for awhile and tweaked the morphed challenge (it started several years ago on another paid site I used to belong to that one of the members started with her group.)

I still have my version of this spreadsheet. I would need an email address to send it to you but then you can work on it from your computer from that point on. If anyone here is interested in joining me in following this "challenge" let me know in the next couple of weeks. I thought about starting it on January 6th, which is the first Monday of January. It runs 8 weeks, you report each week and then at the end of the 8 week's whomever loses the most weight is deemed the "winner" of that 8 week challenge.

jitterfish: I love your cookie quote. Yes, it does get down to that, doesn't it? At some point, you may have to stare down a fair share of cookies but who's the boss now?

Mozzy I love your quote too. Aim for losing 5 lbs 20x and there is your 100 lbs. lost!

mylove0mylife: You should be able to create a ticker within a short period of time. Be patient.

Okay, so what is everyone doing to avoid regaining any weight during the next two weeks? I have decided that I am going to allow myself two of my favorite foods and then only have one single serving of each per day between Christmas Day and New Year's Day. I am doing no baking nor buying of any additional cookies, cakes, etc. I actually do have a goal this coming year of losing a little more than 100 lbs and in order to do that I can not afford to "misuse" the next two weeks. It is my hope to be in maintenance this time next year.

Take care all and have a great day, Pam

Last edited by pamatga; 12-18-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #9  

Pam, I'm so in! I love excel sheets...they're like my addiction for some strange reason. I would love to see what you guys did, and maybe tweak it a little (OCD) to fit what we want to do.

We'll just need to stick with it, and we got this! I'm aiming for 8.2 lbs this month (3% of my body weight) for a Diet Bet challenge, but I think having more to push myself is going to help me.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #10  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

Well, I haven't lost any weight yet since Monday but I am doing pretty good with my food plan. This afternoon DH and I will do our Christmas week grocery shopping (I want to avoid the crowds). I spotted some diet hot chocolate last time so I want to pick that up. My plan for the week between Christmas Day and New Year's Day, which is usually the worst week of the entire year for me in terms of overeating, is to simply stick to what I have been doing but allow myself a couple of favorites: mixed nuts and some chocolate but only one single serving per day. I may not lose the last week of this month but I certainly don't want to gain either.

How is everyone else doing? Has anyone lost anything since agreeing to this challenge? I count calories but I also follow a customized weight loss plan for diabetics so I also have to watch my carbs as well as fats and proteins. I do alternate days with cardio and strength training.

I am presently working on the excel sheet with the 8 week weight loss challenge. Of course, you are free to change anything about it. I got it third hand from another group that I was in so it has changed probably some since it was originated several years ago. I have just found that it highlights a lot of key elements in losing weight and if you stick with it faithfully, you do see results on the scales. Guaranteed. When I get it ready I will let you know and they you will have to PM with your email address so I can send it to you.

Take care all, Pam

Last edited by pamatga; 12-19-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #11  

Weighed in today, was happy with the results. Made sure to weigh twice to make sure it wasn't a glitch on my scale (happens sometimes.)

Highest Weight: 279
Start Weight for 30 lb Challenge: 273
Weigh-in On: 12/19/13 - 270.2 (-2.8 lbs)

Total Pounds Lost: 8.8
Old 12-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #12  
Mummy-tummy battler

Pam I'm totally in, will pm you my email addie. I find challenges such a good motivator.

My Xmas plan is to remember that Xmas is ONE day of the year, not a season. So I'm trying to stay on plan as normal, except Xmas day I am allowing myself to eat whatever I like, no moderation. If I gain a few pounds because of it so be it. But I suspect that won't happen, I was out at a buffet last night and I was surprised at how little I really wanted to eat, and my portion size was a lot smaller than those around me and I wasn't even really trying.

Today I weighed in (usually weigh a couple times a week, helps to keep me on track especially before the weekend) and I was 175.5lb. Hope that it will stay like that, Friday is always my hardest day because it is just me and the kids and I tend to deviate from plan more.

My biggest challenge actually is I have the kids home for the next month, so little exercise and lots of temptation. But I want to be at 172lb by 14 Jan (my daughters 5th birthday) so hopefully that short term goal will help.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #13  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

mylove and jitterfish: I will send you both the spreadsheet when I finish cleaning it. This is my copy so it is filled and I want to make a couple of small changes as well. Thanks Addie for the email address. If you still want to join mylove please send me a PM with your email address. I am starting this on January 6th since I am also sending it to some of my other friends in another group. It combines all of the key elements needed to lose weight. Addie, hopefully, the exercise part of this challenge will help keep you going during that month recess.

Well, I was looking at the calendar and realized that tomorrow is the first official day of winter so I decided to make my mini goal of losing 25% of my weight between December 21-March 21st (the official first day of spring). So, my tickers will have each season's theme as well. I feel losing 26 lbs in 13 weeks should be doable.

Addie, I too have used that same strategy to be more careful when at the holiday parties. I have also decided that since Christmas is only one day a year that I don't have to act that I will never see some of this food ever again so I won't be overeating. I am allowing myself 25% extra calories above my calorie range on Christmas Eve or Day and then back to "normal" the following day.

Good luck everyone and great job mylove for your 2+ lbs weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Take care, Pam
Old 12-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #14  

I don't believe I can send PMs yet. It's not showing me the option to send anything.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 315.1/Ticker/160

Height: 5' 7"

My love, I would like to join you if you don't mind. That is very close to the goal I am reaching for in the same amount of time. I am also doing the Primal/Paleo diet and love it. I'm down nearly 50lbs at this point in 18 weeks. I have a bit more ambitious goal of being down 31lbs by the 12th of April. Pamatga I would like to join you too. I'll send you my email address. Good luck on your 25% goal too!

Starting Weight: 266.4

Goal lose: 31.3 By April 12th (16 Weeks or 1.95 per week)

12/28: 266.4 - Well, at least it's not a gain.
1/4: 267 well that is the wrong direction.
1/11:
1/18:
1/25:
2/1:
2/8:
2/15:
2/22:
3/1:
3/8:
3/15:
3/22:
3/29:
4/5:
4/12:

Actual Ending Weight:
Goal Weight: 235.1

Last edited by therecoveringfatchic; 01-07-2014 at 10:27 AM.
therecoveringfatchic is offline   Reply With Quote