View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #9
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Wintertime Wednesday

GOOD DECEMBER NIGHT MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It has been a beautiful day here in the ♥-Land ~ more like spring it seemed. We went to a small berg about 50 miles away to have lunch with some friends and had a great time of it. I took them a jar of Peach Crumb Cake mix and she was thrilled. They gave us a gift card for Applebee’s which we truly appreciated. They are older than us and what a neat couple. They own lots of acres of land with oil pumpers on it and she used to be an airplane pilot. We will be taking our metal detector equipment to explore for old artifacts on some of that property.

We had Bible Study tonight and we took jars of that cake mix and gave each couple one. It was just much easier to make all jars alike. I made 6 coffee cups up today for Will to give to his co-workers at the museum of Grits & Cheese Casserole Mix which it is to be made in the mug and serves one. Both recipes I used sound like they will be real yummy.

Somehow I broke a fingernail way back where it will have to grow out before I can cut it off. I used some nail glue and glued a piece of that stuff that looks like a tea bag paper over the cut and that should hold it well until I can cut it off after it grows out. When it grows out I will cut all my nails short and they can all grow out together. I remember as a teen we did use tea bag paper to mend nails with and now you can buy sheets of it in the nail department for mending nails. I hardly ever have to use the mending stuff I have but it is good to have on hand when something like this happens.

JEAN You my friend have been having colder weather than we have. It is like spring here and not jacket wearing weather. Ah but we are supposed to get cold weather next week so I am not a hurry to send my cold weather jackets and sweaters to the cleaner just yet and put them up for I am sure I will need them before very long again. I seem to get more house work done when the weather is cold also for I don't venture out so much when it is cold.

DONNA FAYE Folks are not sending cards out like they used to because of the cost of stamps. People can greet others on their phones or in letters or on their computers and not that they have lost the Christmas Spirit. I still haven't sent my few out and had better get on it and do it tomorrow.

SUSAN I love the Olive Garden and they have some good choices for those of us who are watching what we eat. Those that we handed those jars to were thrilled to get them. I remember last time we did that how thrilled it made folks and do believe I will do it again next year and use a different recipe.

Have a great night my friends.
Always remember ~ A setback is only a setup for a comeback.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 12-19-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote