View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #99
lisa32989
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Maxxy...you have done amazing! As for the self image..use that consciousness to help keep you on track. Not a bad thing Really. I worry that getting too comfy about success could at some point lead me to a dangerous slippery slope! For the hunger horrors that do still occur in maintenance and put me on the ledge:
Try some chicken broth. You can add spinach, shaved carrots and chopped celery or even beaten egg white if you need some volume. Damage from that concoction is pretty much ZERO! I find in the cold weather...coffee or tea simply does not do it for me at 10 AM or 3PM sometimes. Also found that if I snacked (light) more...that actually was not satisfying either. Something about the hot broth really makes a difference for me on a day like that.

Think of a zero impact thing you like and can have (...guilt free ...!!) and maybe you can share a ploy the rest of us can use too!!
I've been having homemade bone broth as my "after school" snack. Adding some spinach, celery or even a beaten egg might work out wonderfully on extra-hungry days. Thanks for the great idea! Just needing to learn to work thru the "winter hungries" with a plan. Boiled eggs are a savior for me!

And the whole self-image thing...oh my! Every time I have a fun day, I fully expect none of my clothes to fit and I'm always amazed when they still do. I'm hoping as time passes, I'll "grow out of" this feeling.

Hi Kathie! Nice to see you back

Last edited by lisa32989 : 12-17-2013 at 02:20 PM.