South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 06:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Thankful Tuesday Beach Chat 12/17

Good morning today I am thankful for everything I am happy with the life I live. Although it could be warmer quite cold here with another dumping of snow on the horizon. Hopefully our Chapter meeting won't be canceled again.

Tammy, not engaged lol once bitten twice shy for Joe. Although I think in time things may change. Our relationship works despite the distance (1.5 hours), my crazy work schedule, kids and the usual ex spouse conflicts (his more so than mine) Once DS is in college we will see how things progress. I'm very content and I think he is too

Ok almost to the tunnel which means no service. Have a great, thoughtful day. Cyndi I haven't baked anything for fear of the cookies flying into my mouth!!!!
Old 12-17-2013, 06:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Jekel! As long as the relationship works best for both of you, that's what's important.

Can I be thankful for snow? It is beautiful to me, quiet and thought provoking, I love it! I did go sledding with my kids for a bit yesterday, it was great fun since the top layer was ice and you could go reallllly far despite a small little hill.

Today is just my long day, I need to get boxes to the post office too. I need one more thing for DH.....
Old 12-17-2013, 07:00 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and brrrrr! (I have to stop crabbing about the weather but -27ºC is hard to ignore. Aleve and some coffee may change my perspective.)

Off to Brockville for 10 for my pre-Christmas haircut. I have to pick up a few things when I'm there. Donna has finally decided to get back on the Net and I'll buy her a modem. That's the only piece of shopping I have left but I'll also hit a hardware store and Bulk Barn for some party nibbles. I am planning to be home for lunch but probably won't get home until later. Wrapping is on the plan for the afternoon.

Wishing everyone a fruitful day except for the Phase I folk - wishing them a veggieful day. Sorry!
Old 12-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning. I'm putting off heading out there but guess I have to do it. Stay warm wherever you are today
Old 12-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We have a warming trend until Saturday so I am enjoying and moved to my less warm jacket for a couple of days.

Jekel whatever works, works

Tywnn I got to the post office yesterday as well but the line was way long, I ended up using the self service kiosk they had.

Ruth stay warm, my haircut is tomorrow night.

Cyndi enjoy your day.

Today is solid booked and I have a class in the afternoon, so I drove in to work today don't think I should have gotten a metro pass this month not really using enough. Last night was Awana Christmas party the kids enjoyed and now we get a two week break.

Have a wonderful day!!!
Old 12-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Siding in right before noon so I can still say "Good Morning"! I spent last night at the farm and I'm glad I did since we got a few more inches and school was delayed for 2 hours this morning. I left to come home after getting the girls off on their buses, but I have to go back shortly for Maggie's Christmas concert, then take her to her flute lesson, then get her back home and pick up Audrey to take her to violin lessons. Tuesdays are always my busy day!

Sophie, you got quite a deal on your pizzelle maker! I inherited my grandmother's and I don't even know the name of it, but it's not a nonstick. I would love to have a nonstick one, but I have such good memories of using Nana's and always get the "warm fuzzies" when I use it.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 12-17-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon

Jekel we all have to remember to be thankful

Tammy. Its nice to be a kid at heart with your kids

Ruth too bad its not Wednesday you would get the senoirs discount. I have one about 10

Pearlrose. Hope your day goes quickly

Cottage. I know that feeling. I have things of my mom's and when I use them I feel like she's beside me

Chicken stock is simmering and a few more things arising. Did I tell you that this year,
weather permitting all my three kids and family will be here for Christmas in about 15 years. I seem them often its just my daughter never made it during christmas. So very special things are being cooked.
Take care
Sophie

minutes from here and shop for all the expensive stuff on Wednesday

Cyndi. Save drive

Last edited by sophie; 12-17-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: corrections
Old 12-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I made it through the morning before the roads started getting greasy. Now I'm home catching up on desk work and getting ready for a 2:00 phone mtg. One more day, I think I will make it!
Old 12-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 241/219/165

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches

Happy Tuesday!

Thankful Tuesday...I have much to be thankful for! My warm house, a close family, good friends. I am also thankful I made it home alive after our early dismissal from school today; it was slow going and slippery!

I am going out into the night to snowblow the driveway, the sidewalks, the front walk and the deck. Wherever you are, stay safe and warm!
Old 12-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey ladies, sounds like everyone had a busy day. Hope you stayed warm and safe! We had -22* F this morning so I not only had to wear the down parka I traded my gloves for some extra warm mittens. Then it started snowing mid-day which made the drive home a little greasy. It's not enough to bother plowing the drive but still...

My shopping is pretty much done, except for food. We will be gone for Christmas dinner but with the kids home we will be consuming plenty of food! And my wrapping is under control, but I have not sent out a single card. That may be the item that gets the squeeze this year.

Have a wonderful evening. Not to wish my life away but I'm glad tomorrow is hump day. Almost vacation!
Closed Thread