View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 02:49 AM   #70
SparklyBunny

Height: 5'8"

I was browsing the selection of this one supplement store yesterday (myprotein.com). Their MCT powder, by the way, is excellent for those who are fasting. The medium-chain triglycerides are quickly converted into energy, but since it's just fat, it's not going to kick you out of the fasted state. At least that is my understanding. I mix the powder to my coffee (or rather, I stir the coffee into the powder in my cup so that it dissolves better) and it ends up tasting just like a coffee with a creamer.

Anyhoo, I was browsing the selection and came across vitamin b5 (pantothenic acid). Apparently it's great for people with acne. Well, I don't have acne, so I was doing some googling whether it would be good for other skin types, like aging skin. By accident, I found out about this theory that ketosis would actually be the result of lacking in vitamin b5 and that supplementing with it would make caloric restriction and fasting easier. Now, fasting is already rather easy for me, but I'm still really intrigued. I've tried googling for more info, but there really isn't any. It's kind of surprising as fasting is so popular these days. So I thought I'd give it a try and see if it makes any difference! :-)

I'm not sure if I'll be ordering it soon or in a month or so, so it'll be a while before I get to test it, but in case anyone comes across any info on it, I'd love to hear about it!

P.S. So nice to see all you doing so well!

EDIT: I looked more into that vitamin b5 claim and the theory doesn't seem to be that credible. That's probably why I couldn't find that much about it :-)

Last edited by SparklyBunny : 12-17-2013 at 05:11 AM.