View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #81
schenectady

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/207/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
Thanks, schenectady, I'm in it for the long haul, but I still hope the second half doesn't take twice as long as the first!
I have yet to hit half, getting there. I do know that for me the intense motivation is a bit harder to scare up in the later months but this is a period that is more real and like what I will face when I reach goal.

This is a period where I may struggle but I am using this time to examine some of my mental processes to figure out how I got here in the first place.

We did our cookie exchange last night and I did well. Our daughter and her husband came and they were the ones who motivated me to do IP. He has lost nearly 90 pounds and she is over 70. She was so excited to come in a pair or size 7 jeans and said she was actually able to get into the size 5! She was radiant and glowing and healthy - one cannot want better than that.

They have been a great support system for each other and for that I am envious. I am subject to sabotage and total apathy and so I am sort of swimming upstream in my household.

schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote