Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

It finally stopped snowing here, we must have got over 2 feet this weekend, my neighbours had to shovel out the van three times on our street. Plow finally came last night.

We hosted family party on Saturday and I decided to go off plan, no regrets as I figure it will be practice for maintenance getting back on track and saying good bye once i opened up to all the cravings. Of course DH has to keep moving temptations down to the freezer in the basement because the upstairs freezer is still too handy.

Have a good day.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #3  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Ugh. Power outage in the middle of the night. Of course I woke up and worried why it was out. It stay out long enough for the bedroom to start getting cold ( electric heater in there) should have gotten up and moved to the den where we have a gas heater but I didn't . Power came back on around 6. Now I'm up and still tired. Guess I'll be having a nap today!

Off to look at some recipes for dinner tonight!
Old 12-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default checking in

Just wanted to check in with all my fellow IP-ers and say best of luck to all between now and the end of the festive season...and here's a toast to all who are determined to continue to stay ON plan the next few weeks!

I read how much resolve many of you have expressed ...and exercised (!!) of late and you will for sure reap your rewards for staying true as the New Year rolls in and through out 2014. YAY!! No matter how long or short you have been on...you are ahead of where you'd be if you waited until January 1! Next year you will be one of the skinny ladies at the party....in a knockout outfit.

Thanks to all who have so kindly checked in on me. My heart is full and I appreciate the true friendship of so many of you...with out ever laying eyes on or having the honor of sharing anything but a cyber cup of coffee ( but lots of true grit) with in the last year. You are all truly what the holidays are about. Family and friends. Taking the time to value what can never be replicated or imitated while seeking self understanding and respect. A gift, yes, but also for those same family and friends who know our true value and love us, a gift for them.

We are leaving for Chicago in the next few days. The Austin kids arrive over the weekend with the two babies. Sadness is really giving way to excitement over seeing the youngest grandkids who are the age where Christmas is nothing short of magical...!! They are hoping for snow...esp for the 21/2 YO to build her firstsnowman. And our adult kids, {who are so tired at this point... they are anticipating a few extra hands to help finish wrapping, drive the older grandkids to events and orthodontist apts, and attend the school musicals & concerts, help bathe and read to the little ones to try keeping some semblance of ordinary... }Well..they are just as excited to have us arrive.

My mother raised 6 kids with an 18 year age range, so she would expect us all to keep that magic along with the important elements of the daily routine. My dad is in Dallas with my brother. I hope to get back to Austin in January and see him. A scholarship was established at the local high school in my mother's name and the first one will be awarded in June at graduation. As valedictorian of her class and someone who got an education on the GI bill after WWII ...nothing is more fitting. There is a lot to be grateful for. Being raised by someone like that put me at a real advantage in life. There was not much money...but what mattered was abundant. Reflect and rejoice in what has been a blessing.

Am finding it is not too hard to balance holiday temptations with sticking to P2 on days when there is not a reason not too. Will probably want to do a week or two of P1 or 2 in January and that is OK. It helps keep the mindset where it needs to be. All the clothes fit and it is nice to feel I look my best...but also am viewed as healthy. No one bats an eye at me seeking out the veggies...or bringing a lo-fat lo-carb addition to an event. Actually others are appreciative of an option other than the dips and sweets. There is not much left when I retrieve my tray at the end of the night!

Wishing you all magic, motivation and an especially merry holiday season!
kathie
Old 12-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!! Cold out there today. Hope everyone has a great day! Finished wrapping the last of my gifts this morning, now to get to the huge pile of Christmas cards that I should have mailed out weeks ago... Oops!
Old 12-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning and Happy Monday! Kathie, it's so good to hear an update from you! Glad to hear you're doing well.

On a side note, it's colder in my office than outside today because the heat won't heat up our space! UGH! I'm FREEZING and drinking hot water so I won't freeze! They keep jokingly saying "if you weren't loosing so much weight, you'd be warmer!"
Old 12-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #7  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Monday, I stayed OP yesterday while shopping all afternoon and evening with a friend. We went to Applebees and I had there steak and a salad.....It felt great being in control.....Now to look forward to my weigh in on Wed., I hit 221 a couple of days ago and what a feeling. I would really like to get under 220 by Wed., but I will accept what I see on the scale. The feeling of being in control is awesom. I am able to eat out with family and friends and stay on track.
I had a "Fat" experience yesterday...I was walking in one of the stores and looked at myself in the mirror and thought you are still so big. Then I (in my head) slapped my face and said look you are 30 pounds lighter now be happy! This is such a huge thing for me to do and not let that inner me control me...

Thanks again everyone on this sight it really helps keep me on track and aim for newer numbers, and a healthier me.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #8  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Good morning all. Another day and another dollar. Ran 8 miles this weekend and felt good, but sore the next day. I made a pact with myself not to work as much this week, and am hopeful my trial will get rescheduled (which is triggering some stuff in me, resulting in needs to engage in emotional eating, which is greater due to being tired - alas!)....

Been trying my level best to keep up with you all in here. It has, admittedly, been harder and I miss having the camaraderie of 3FC, even when in maintenance. It is my dear hope that, if trial goes off calendar, I will have more time after my snowboarding trip next week, to catch up with you all. Until then, be well, love yourself and stay OP.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #9  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Hi all, happy Monday. Great weigh in this week, down 39 lbs total. Just a couple of things that are worrying me. My coach wants me to change my target as she says my fat % is too high. It's only 5 more lbs - has anyone else had that experience? She's also suggesting that I do a phase 2 day on the 23rd, 24th and 25th to support a glass of wine and a bite of pumpkin pie on Xmas - seems like overkill to me, any thoughts? I don't plan on having a huge off-plan Xmas, but will probably want a glass of champagne and a piece of chocolate on Xmas day.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Just wanted to check in with all my fellow IP-ers and say best of luck to all between now and the end of the festive season...and here's a toast to all who are determined to continue to stay ON plan the next few weeks!

I read how much resolve many of you have expressed ...and exercised (!!) of late and you will for sure reap your rewards for staying true as the New Year rolls in and through out 2014. YAY!! No matter how long or short you have been on...you are ahead of where you'd be if you waited until January 1! Next year you will be one of the skinny ladies at the party....in a knockout outfit.

Thanks to all who have so kindly checked in on me. My heart is full and I appreciate the true friendship of so many of you...with out ever laying eyes on or having the honor of sharing anything but a cyber cup of coffee ( but lots of true grit) with in the last year. You are all truly what the holidays are about. Family and friends. Taking the time to value what can never be replicated or imitated while seeking self understanding and respect. A gift, yes, but also for those same family and friends who know our true value and love us, a gift for them.

We are leaving for Chicago in the next few days. The Austin kids arrive over the weekend with the two babies. Sadness is really giving way to excitement over seeing the youngest grandkids who are the age where Christmas is nothing short of magical...!! They are hoping for snow...esp for the 21/2 YO to build her firstsnowman. And our adult kids, {who are so tired at this point... they are anticipating a few extra hands to help finish wrapping, drive the older grandkids to events and orthodontist apts, and attend the school musicals & concerts, help bathe and read to the little ones to try keeping some semblance of ordinary... }Well..they are just as excited to have us arrive.

My mother raised 6 kids with an 18 year age range, so she would expect us all to keep that magic along with the important elements of the daily routine. My dad is in Dallas with my brother. I hope to get back to Austin in January and see him. A scholarship was established at the local high school in my mother's name and the first one will be awarded in June at graduation. As valedictorian of her class and someone who got an education on the GI bill after WWII ...nothing is more fitting. There is a lot to be grateful for. Being raised by someone like that put me at a real advantage in life. There was not much money...but what mattered was abundant. Reflect and rejoice in what has been a blessing.

Am finding it is not too hard to balance holiday temptations with sticking to P2 on days when there is not a reason not too. Will probably want to do a week or two of P1 or 2 in January and that is OK. It helps keep the mindset where it needs to be. All the clothes fit and it is nice to feel I look my best...but also am viewed as healthy. No one bats an eye at me seeking out the veggies...or bringing a lo-fat lo-carb addition to an event. Actually others are appreciative of an option other than the dips and sweets. There is not much left when I retrieve my tray at the end of the night!

Wishing you all magic, motivation and an especially merry holiday season!
kathie
Hi Kathy and WELCOME back!!!!

We missed you and your ever so sound words of wisdom

I hope you have a good time with your family and I hope you have a good holiday the best you can

The scholarship you have set up in memory of your momma sounds wonderful and whom ever receives it will be very lucky!

I hope you have a good week and holiday, I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, all I ask for is WILL POWER DUST!

Old 12-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #11  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Just back from the nail shop. One of my customers gave me a gift card for Christmas and told me to treat myself. So I did! I love having a nice manicure but I'm tree idle about keeping it up. Maybe I'll make it a point now. I'm feeling good about myself lately. ;D

Decided to do the standard tacos for dinner since sweetheart is craving Mexican. He asked for enchiladas but I told him that's way too much temptation for me. He understood and was happy with tacos. I'm a lucky gal to have such a supportive guy. <3
Old 12-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Just back from the nail shop. One of my customers gave me a gift card for Christmas and told me to treat myself. So I did! I love having a nice manicure but I'm tree idle about keeping it up. Maybe I'll make it a point now. I'm feeling good about myself lately. ;D

Decided to do the standard tacos for dinner since sweetheart is craving Mexican. He asked for enchiladas but I told him that's way too much temptation for me. He understood and was happy with tacos. I'm a lucky gal to have such a supportive guy. <3
Tacos work great b/c then I just have a huge taco salad. I love it with the asparagus guacamole
Old 12-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

I have been enjoy IP-however today was a challenge-
I receive a Harry & David gift basket-I can freeze almonds and granola but I think I need to donate the fruit-what a shame I love their pears....
Old 12-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

arrrrrrggggghhhhh. It has not been a good day and this is the first day I wanted to come home and just grab anything, but nope not gonna, going to have an IP dinner now...
Old 12-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #15  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Super busy at work this week. I feel like I could go to bed already! We also have our work Christmas party on Thursday. I already checked the menu of the restaurant we are going to and know what I am going to order.
Closed Thread