View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #79
schenectady

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/187/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
Hi Augusters!

Glad to see everyone is hanging in there and trucking along!

I just hit the 4 month mark since started IP - just a couple of pounds short of the 40 lb mark! Maybe by next week's weigh-in...

When I started, I was hoping to be done with phase 1 in about 6 months, but at the rate of loss I've been having it will probably by more like 8 months or so. Surprisingly, I think I'm ok with that - with not meeting the timeline I originally planned on. It's been hard trusting the process and realizing that I can't control how fast I lose weight or when I reach my goal. I confess sometimes I get discouraged when I see others losing faster, even when they admit on the boards that they've cheated or don't follow the plan 100%. In my head I'm screaming, "Not fair! I've been 100% OP!" Then I get over myself and take a moment to be grateful for the progress of the last few months and the fact that the scale keeps going down a little more each week! I've been able to handle the last 4 months, so what's another 4 to get to my goal? I can do it!

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.
lighthouse - Hang in there! I know it can be hard to read and see the different losses and approaches. For me, when I am 100% OP and I hit slow spots, it is very hard to see people doing all sorts of variations and making more progress.

Know that you are doing what is right for you and this is something you have to deal with all your life. I am in this for the long haul, too, and however many months it takes me is OK if I stay the course.

Let's me Augusters who keep going and going.

schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote