Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 12-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #1  
diamondgeog

Default NSV dude Clothes

So back in May I was starting to strain XXL shirts. They don't pull punches with dude clothes. I wasn't large, I wasn't extra large, I was extra extra large. And that was accurate. I had a huge belly.

I was in 46 inch pants and starting to push 48. I was in an Under Armour clothes store, I really like them and they run a tad small and/or don't give room in the belly.

Well I now fit comfortably in large UA shirts and I am not far from a medium in some brands. My wife wanted me to get new jeans because I was just belting up my 46 inch ones.

I ordered a 505 42 inch from Amazon thinking it would be tight but maybe I would fit in it. It was actually a bit large So returning it for a 40. Haven't been 40 in a long time, well over a decade, probably two decades.

I still want to get to at least 200. But it feels good to just be 'large' now. I have been married 9 years. My wife has never seen me this small before. Feels nice.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

That is awesome, you must feel great!
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations! That's the good and bad thing about men's clothes. They don't pull punches, but it's also easier to see how far you've come. Women's sizes are so inconsistent that fitting into a new one just makes you think "wow, size 6 is so much bigger than it used to be."
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #4  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

aw, wonderful Great job!! That physique change is such good news for your health, you must be pleased I work in retail, and many times the extended sizes are more expensive, so as a shopping bonus you might find clothes cheaper. Plus there are oftentimes more styles and colors from which to choose in the brick and mortar store when you shop in person. Enjoy your new wardrobe as you continue your journey onward and downward! Belting up the 46s when you wear a 40 I know how that goes. You don't want to invest too much money in clothing you might not wear for a long time because you are in the process of losing weight, but at the same time, you don't want to look like yer pants are about to fall off. It's a balancing act, lol.
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #5  
diamondgeog

My wife was the driver. She said you need new jeans. Thankfully found one perfect fit in an outlet store. But stopping at two. Once the last of my gut goes I might drop 2 or 4 inches quickly.

Treated myself to Levis instead of usual just cheap ones though.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #6  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Whoo hoo that's awesome! Congratulations on all your hard work paying off!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #7  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Congrats - it's neat to drop out of the old big jeans.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #8  
diamondgeog

Thanks. I am getting tons of compliments at work now. I think what happened is my face got a lot thinner recently. It must go in stages. Like the last 5lbs or so have been all from my face.

I even had someone walking to the parking garage that I don't know say wow you've lost a lot of weight. We work on different floors and don't know each other's name. I just see her sometimes because we leave work at the same time. So that feels great. Very excited about getting to a 5K in the Spring sometime and hoping 2014 is the year with a 1 as the first number in the scale.

220 has been a long time goal. Once I get there I can change my signature, but want to achieve that first.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote