View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #135
BillBlueEyes
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Saturday

Diet Coaches/Buddies Had to dress warmly to walk (CREDIT moi) to the library - the chill before the snow is real. I wanted to return an Express book due on Monday since the threatened snow might preclude walking early next week. We're preparing to cancel two different events on Sunday. The big disappointment will be cancelling the Christmas Bird Count that happens every year to do a census of the birds. But birds make themselves scarce when it's actively snowing.

Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi, to extend the streak to 24. The only challenge was evening snack. I had both the fresh pineapple and the new killer-good Tangerines in mind, when DW reminded me that I also had California Navel Oranges as well as Clementines - both taking up room in the fridge and both only mediocre. As I was pondering how to do justice to all four and still stay on track I got busy. And then it was bedtime. I'd simply forgotten to have any of the four - but I've given myself credit anyway. So, on plan with no snacks for the day. I can live with that.

maryblu You are always welcome, as is your "raspberry eatin' dawg." Cracks me up that you've planted blue berries for her as an anti-oxidant. Love the notion, "window shop at parties."

Joy (gardenerjoy) I've never met anyone who went to the grocery store before breakfast. Did you have a problem walking past the smell of baking bread?

silverbirch Waving back. Hope you're not experiencing the wicked snow we're getting on this side of the Atlantic.

Cheryl (seadwaters) Kudos for "Checked in 5 times in a row."

Pam (pamatga) The 7 Question Technique didn't make it to the Green Book - so don't consider it a loss to skip it. I diligently worked it only once and didn't become a fan. Yep, Ouch for the hit from relaxing a little. Thanks for bringing up the feeling of dishonesty that comes from certain eating habits.

maryann - Hosanna, Hallelujah, and Kudos for I have reached goal
Just love, "I am not going back."

nationalparker Love the notion of watching the snow in the dark. Kudos for an on track day.

Beth (bethFromDayton) Ouch for 1100 calories in a single plate - it's so easy to get caught by surprise. Love the twin iPads.

Jo (veganasaurusrex) I hate the Sabotaging Thought, "I overate at that occasion so I may as well just keep going" - BTDT. Kudos for sticking to an appetizer at the birthday party. For rewards, I've used new tools and books that I might not have otherwise purchased. LOL at "eating everything I can get my hands on."

Lulu (LuLu01801) Ouch for the continuing knee issue. Kudos for charging forth anyway. Neat move to avoid food when meeting with a friend.

ForMyGirls - Neat list of non-food rewards. I like that they weren't necessary items. Thanks for the discussion of mindfulness. RE: Planning and tracking. At the end of the Pink Book, Beck discusses generalized planning for maintenance - that's what I do. I'm on plan if I stay within my general plan for the day. I've messed up with that about snacks, but it's worked well for me with meals.

janelle (shcirerf) - Love the sticky corn syrup ice pack notion - I'll save that one. Glad you've dropped in. By-the-by, the New York Times panned the movie Nebraska and the Boston Globe gave it four stars. DW and I both liked it. How is it received locally?

Readers -
Quote:
day 9 Select and Exercise Plan

Exercise has many diet- and non-diet-related benefits: . . .

Exercise makes you feel better physically. The more you move, the more you feel like moving. Regular exercise strengthens your lungs, heart, and other muscles, with the result that your daily activities (such as carrying bags of groceries or doing housework) feel less taxing. Because exercise can improve sleep, you might find that you have more energy as well.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 107.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 10 years