View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #104
Shad

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Have to agree with Happy. I think you have been extremely fortunate in that you have been offered work frequently. Contract work is the coming thing and a 5 year contract is just about unheard of. It's like permanent work for us. I've been contracting for 20 years and although I love the freedom of it, there is no permanency and no benefits. I'm lucky that my reputation is established. Many employers here are using it so they can employ people quickly and get rid of them quickly. So I would be looking at the 5 year contract since as Happy said, it gives you some stability into the future. May not be the most glamorous job, but it brings in the bucks and you can always do study for some form of certification - train journeys are great for studying. Up to you, but I think the other one is a no goer. Either they are not sure of you and your qualifications, or they are experimenting to see who's out there and available. If that is what they are doing, then they have no idea what they are looking for. Ask for a permanent job guarantee and see what reaction you get. I would be extremely wary. Choice is yours.

I'll be back after dinner to read and chat.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote