Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #1  
In need of a change!!

S/C/G: 303/303/250

Height: 5'4"

Default Just Had Gastric Bypass

Hi all so its been a long time since i've been on the site but I just recently ( 1 day ago) went through gastric bypass surgery and could use some more support ! Im at home now and im just afraid im not eating enough I have yet to need to upchuck since surgery and am mobile just sore I just feel like I should be doing more I know they say that you will not feel hungry just need to make yourself eat and i have I just dont know how far I can push it or just keep going the way I have
Autumnjo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

well hi there! congrats on making a decision, and getting through the surgery. First of all, what did your surgeon tell you to do? most of us were on clear liquids for the first week at least [some much longer]. You've just had major stomach surgery and you need some time to heal.

don't worry about whether you're upchucking or not. it's time to do exactly what your surgeon told you - generally making sure that you get plenty of liquids, eat small amounts of whatever is on your list [like broth, maybe a little yogurt].

the journey is ON - and this is the time to take things hour by hour. you won't be able to eat your emotions. you might find yourself dealing with head hunger. or fidgeting because you can't figure out what to do with your hand or your energy. be patient.

how sore are you? remember, this is a time to heal, not the time to start training for a marathon. and don't advance your diet to more challenging foods until your surgeon says it's ok.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #3  
In need of a change!!

S/C/G: 303/303/250

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the information I met with my dietitian and am now able to progress to the next step eating soft foods like chili and tuna, soft chicken. Im still working on getting enough fluids in although even before surgery I never drank all that much either. Its weird though (knock on wood) Ive had such an easy time with the whole surgery and eating after that sometimes I have to look at my stomach to see the incision marks that are healing to remind myself that I did in-fact just have surgery. My weight loss seems to be steady in how much I'm losing so far I have my post op on Friday . Now I just need to start going to the gym again starting slowly though.
Autumnjo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

i'm all for moving, but please be careful. remember, you're recovering from a big surgery.

and while i don't want to jinx you, things can change. I had an easy time for the first few weeks, and then, ummmm. everything changed. one day at a time, darlin.

but it sounds like you're doing GREAT!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote