View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #15
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wendnesday

GOOD DECEMBER AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

I’m not sure exactly when we are supposed to warm up here but today’s high is 22 with a low of 13 and no chance of snow or rain. What snow we had is just about all gone now, which is nice for I don’t like walking in it like I did in my younger years. No longer do I like frolicking in the snow ~ guess that is a sign of “growing up.”

I just noticed I have a scratch down the length of my right ring finger. It skips along 4 places till it reaches my nail. I wonder which animal’s territory I got into during my sleep. Cecil doesn’t have any front claws but I do think it was him. It isn’t a deep scratch but a scratch none the less.

This being so close to losing 100 pounds is playing with my mind ~ it is right there out of my reach. I can’t seem to get my head wrapped around losing weight this holiday season like I did last year. As I remember I lost all through the holidays. I am more than half way to my goal and don’t want to quit but I have sure slowed down. Hopefully when the New Year arrives I can get my head straight and back on program for the long haul.

I got 3 other books now with recipes to gift food in different containers. One is Gifts in a Jar: Soups & Bread and another is Gifts in a Jar: Sweet Endings and the third is Hip 2b Square: Square Treats - Hip Eats. I have lots of folks to give these types of gifts to in a jar or tinfoil bread pans with decorative Christmas tops. I am going to have fun assembling them and making up the instructions. After I decide which recipes to make then I can make a list and do some shopping. The recipes from the Mug’Em book will be great to give to college students and single folks for they are for one serving. I do love this time of year for gift giving especially. I am going to package up some little bags of Rain-deer Food to give to the little children. In the past years I have been asked by adults for a bag also. I use those little 2 x 3 inch ones for that food for they do hold quite a bit. It is just a mix of quick cooking oats and red and green sugar granules which aren’t harmful if a kid eats some.

I am still waiting for my new charms to arrive so I can get them on my bracelet before the New Year. They should be here any day now.

DONNA FAYE How nice that the children's concert went well and your grandson had a solo. I know you are so proud of him! Did you take a picture of his performance to put in your memory bouquet?

Have a great afternoon/evening my friends.
Always remember ~ A setback is only a setup for a comeback.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 12-11-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote