4 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, minced
1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 limes, juiced
1 orange, juiced
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil

In a mortar and pestle or bowl, mash together the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, and pepper to make a paste. Put the paste in a glass jar or plastic container. Add the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, and oil. Shake it up really well to combine. Use as a marinade for chicken or beef or as a table condiment.

I did it the easy way and dumped all the ingredients into the food processor and just blended it all together..I then put the meat in large ziploc bags.

My husband is Hispanic and whenever I ask him what he'd like for dinner he always says, "care asada tacos". I was asking DH if he had an idea for dinner tonight and he said it again.

I decided that I was going to figure out how to make them today. I've never made tacos like this before, we've always made ground beef tacos. DH grew up in the lower Southern California area and ate these all the time. I am hoping this recipe for a marinade is close to what he remembers. While we have been together many years its still nice to do little things for him like try to learn a dish he likes.

I looked over the ingredients and since I'm not "eating" the lime and oranges I figure the sauce should be fine.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote