Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/135/110

Height: 5 ft 3

Default Bueller?...Bueller?

Hello my fellow chickies! I've been waddling around the website and watching all you inspiring people from afar for quite some time now. I've decided to stop being a wuss and instead of awkwardly watching you, I'm now going to awkwardly join in.

I'm not very good with introductions but here it goes: I'm Erica and I'm 17 years old, 5 ft 3, and 135lbs of dorkiness, fluff, terrible humor, awkwardness, and sweetness. I'm a bit biased when I say this, but I don't bite much. I think I'd like to get down to 110lbs but in all honesty I'm a little unsure if that's where I want to end up. It's a bit horseshoe and hand grenades at the moment. Anyway I'm a senior in high school and I'd really like college to be a fresh start for me. I struggle with self-esteem, worth, and confidence and more than anything I want to grow to be okay with who I am as a person (both physically and mentally). My sub-par body image interferes with my happiness and my life. It's gotten to the point where I find myself avoiding social situations because of it. I hate that I hate looking in the mirror, going clothes shopping with friends, etc. I hope that through being here I can not only lose weight, but also reach a point where I am happy with who I am.

Anyway, terribly sorry for my rambly intro there. It's wonderful to meet you all! I look forward to your support and guidance as well as hopefully reciprocating in return. I've tried a few other sites, but found the support to be minimal and sometimes a bit hostile. From skimming the boards 3fc seems like such a warm environment, and I can't wait to be a part of it.
Sunnyserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #2  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, Erica! Good for you for jumping in -- the water's fine! You sound very mature and self-reflective. You are certainly not the only woman your age (or older!) to feel that way, but good for you for assessing it, realizing that it's getting in the way of your happiness, and working on changing some things -- and not just your weight.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #3  
DukeGirl

S/C/G: 150/141/120

Height: 5'6"

Smile Hey There, Honey!

Hi Erica!

As a fellow lurker for the past bit, I'll say hello as well. Keep your chin up and do this just for you!

Best of luck!
rorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Hi Erica! welcome welcome welcome! Jump right into the boards, join some challenges, we don't bite either... usually
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Erica! Love the intro and intro title, lol! You sound very intelligent and full of personality, and I'm sure you have nothing to be self-conscious about (but teen years can be difficult like that, I know). I wish you the best in your weight loss journey and your life's goals! Glad you joined us! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 135/135/110

Height: 5 ft 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenerjoy View Post
Welcome, Erica! Good for you for jumping in -- the water's fine! You sound very mature and self-reflective. You are certainly not the only woman your age (or older!) to feel that way, but good for you for assessing it, realizing that it's getting in the way of your happiness, and working on changing some things -- and not just your weight.
Thank you very much! I guess I feel like that in life we're always wishing for something. There's so many things I'd like to be and do some day and I feel like some day can start today. Anyway, thanks for your warm words of welcome and support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorino View Post
Hi Erica!

As a fellow lurker for the past bit, I'll say hello as well. Keep your chin up and do this just for you!

Best of luck!
Thanks and same to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkrckpixikat View Post
Hi Erica! welcome welcome welcome! Jump right into the boards, join some challenges, we don't bite either... usually
Can't wait to get started! As long as you've all had your shots I'll be alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
Hi Erica! Love the intro and intro title, lol! You sound very intelligent and full of personality, and I'm sure you have nothing to be self-conscious about (but teen years can be difficult like that, I know). I wish you the best in your weight loss journey and your life's goals! Glad you joined us! Good luck!
Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words. The title was the first thing that came to mind and it made me smile- I'm glad you got a giggle out of it as well. And I'm glad that my awkward intro could brighten your day a tad as well. I can be a wee bit introverted and shy at times so I'm unfortunately at bit prone to being overly self-critical. I realize we're all our own worst critics, but I'd like to work so my inner critic would put a sock in it now and again. I'd like to work to be a "whole" person so I can develop more resilience to balance out my more critical thoughts. It's already so nice to be here. You guys are all so friendly and supportive. And brownie points for appreciating the title of course. I wish you luck as well.
Sunnyserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome!
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #8  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Welcome Erica!

College can be such a big change but the best way to handle it is to prepare now ... as you are doing! Good job and good luck!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote