View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #58
Rockabillygirl
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
What a great feeling! Yes, it feels so good to be able to shop in the "regular" section of the store, instead of "Womens". That was a huge NSV when that happened. I really haven't done a lot of clothes shopping since then though (still shopping in my closet!), so it's almost like I don't quite believe it - like I can't really be a 'normal' size, can I? How I see my body has not quite caught up to the reality of what I see on the scale. I have a feeling that will take awhile!
I know what you mean -- after being a 2X for so long I still am surprised when I try on a 1X and it's roomy. I haven't quite gotten to the point of trying clothes from the "normal" section -- I guess I'm afraid of disappointment! Most of my pants are elastic waist so I have no idea what size I should be -- I just know some of the larger pairs now look like clown pants.

I did, however, purchase a band t-shirt at a concert in an L, looking to the future.

I guess I'm in reverse denial! Couldn't ever believe I'd gotten as large as I was, and now I can't believe I'm smaller!