View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Saturday

GOOD DECEMBER MORNING MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is another cold day here in the ♥-Land between a low of 11 and a high of 16 with a 20% chance of needed rain. This evening is when my Bro-in-Law is due to arrive. Hopefully he is here before dinner but if now Will and I will enjoy it by ourselves. I’ll be making Beef Stroganoff (lightened version) which is so yummy.

After while I am going to make us a nice brunch and try out my new little Breakfast Sandwich Maker. I’ll also peel oranges and we will have the sections to eat along with it.

That Cecil comes in from the cold and expects to be petted. The little scudder’s hair is ice cold to the touch but he needs the reassurance that I still like him.

In going through those magazines and tossing them I tore out just a couple recipes and one is real intriguing. Out of the August issue of Eatingwell Magazine I tore out the “7 Delicious Flavor Combinations of Fruit Sorbet in 5 Easy Steps” article. Not a big surprise, I am sure you know that I do have one of those ice cream makers that they used and keep the innards in the freezer so it will be ready to use. I can also make frozen yogurt in that freezer mechanism. It is something I use in the warm weather and that is not now. I used to use the old fashioned method where you use ice cube trays to freeze the mixture in than break it all into chunks and then process it. The combinations they have listed are some interesting paring of flavors.

JEAN Tis the season my friend. We didn't decorate nearly as much as we used to but are having a great time with what we put out anyway. The snowflake lights we hung in the picture window sure look nice especially to those driving by. We keep the drapes drawn and they give a nice soft glow of brightness behind them. We have our stuffed couple standing beside a side table. They are about 3 feet tall and dressed for winter. They are really antique store front decorations but we got them cheep at a garage sale. I think we will end up donating them to the museum one day.

DONNA FAYE Yes electric heat is more expensive than gas but you have to use what came with your place. The heat here in the house is gas which we are thankful for. Good thing they did cancel that race for safety sake. The runners really do understand but don't like it for they are pumped up and ready to go.

PS: Back later ~ That breakfast sandwich maker is sure a keeper for it sure made a good brunch. When we were back a bit later to the store to get some things we needed to pick up there were no more of those little sandwich makers left and they had a whole lot of them before. Guess they flew off the shelf. I just got through making some 2P+ thin sausage patties to use later for they will freeze well. Our guest won't get here till maybe tomorrow for he got caught in a snowstorm in Texas.

Have a great day my friends.
Always remember ~ A setback is only a setup for a comeback.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 12-07-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote