Old 12-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #1  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Default For those close to goal, how are you feeling?

So I've lost plenty of weight, 100lb+, and I'm not quite 10lb from goal but its edging closer. But I look at myself and think will I make it? And then what? I set that goal thinking I'd never get there really, I never imagined I'd get into ONEderland. I'm excited and terrified of how close I am because of that "what if I gain it all" fear.

So to people who are close, battling those last few pounds, how do you feel? Do you see yourself slimmer or are you mentally still fat? Do you think you'll be happy or want to lose more once you get to goal?
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #2  

Hmm well I'm relosing weight, so I know my exact goal. I still have some self-anger for gaining the weight due to hard times in personal, work and financial stresses, but I shouldn't - I don't feel that way about other people, so I shouldn't feel that way about myself. This feels nothing like when I "first lost" these lbs - feels almost fake to me, whereas when I first lost the remaining lbs, it felt more real. But nope! the water weight is gone and its the final fat that is left - regain or not, its all so very real.

I guess overall, I feel irritated/bitter, but with no desire to "go back" Oddly enough, it is my healthier habits that feel NORMAL rather than the 20+ yrs of unhealthy habits. So basically, I feel back to "normal" and weight swinging up doesn't cause any sort of binge-temptation to me, but its just a downer.

OP, I totally get the fear, but if its of any consolation, at the worst, you just "relose" and you already know the habits to get yourself back to goal. You totally have the power and congrats to you for making awesome progress and maintaining that! Personally, I actually see my thinner self as the new normal and the "old fat identity" actually wore off quicker than I thought it would! =)
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #3  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

I reached goal last week. I kept changing it when I first started, and I never thought 135 would be doable for me. I was anxious about reaching goal. Nervous. I mean, don't get me wrong, I was ecstatic that I was able to get to 135, but at the same time I'm like, what do I do now? I have really made my life about being healthy and eating right and exercising and weighing in every day. I just wasn't sure what I would do now that I had reached goal. Anyway, I decided to just let it be and keep doing everything I've been doing. I am still planning on exercising like a machine and I've still been counting my calories. Even though I've reached my goal, I am considering giving myself a 5-10 pound cushion and getting down to 125-130ish.

yes, some days I'm mentally fat. When I buy clothes, I think "that small looks super super small, it won't fit". But it does. If people call me thin, I want to disagree loudly. It's hard to see myself as a different size because I was bigger for so long. I'm hoping with maintenance comes a growing confidence of my new weight.

Last edited by kisskiss; 12-05-2013 at 12:36 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote