Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Default Overeater or binger

I've always had a problem with food and unlike drugs where they can stop using.. we cant stop eating.

I'm a binge eater.. Hoping today will be the first day that I stop binge eating.

Day 1- 12/2/13
imnotperfect24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

agh! me too! Good luck! I'm just returning and have a lot of work too.... sooo.... do you have a plan? Totally feel ya on food addiction.... one addiction you can't just go cold turkey... (didn't see the funny in that till I wrote it) lol
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:30 AM   #3  

I dont have a plan so far.

I was hoping I just kind of do it as I go. But probably not going to happen.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 296/ticker/180

Height: 5'6"

Hello!

How did today go?
ShelBl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:17 AM   #5  

I failed yesterday (Dec 1st). But today is a brand new day.

What's going to be my failing is I just got a new job at Wendys and I love their fries. And I get a discount soooo that's going to be hard.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #6  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

I highly recommend Kathryn Hansen's Brain Over Binge. It's too early to say that I'm cured, but it's made a HUGE difference for me so far. I no longer feel powerless in the face of my cravings for unhealthy or too much food.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #7  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Good for you on the insight! If I didn't have to eat, I would never feel the urge to overeat. But as soon as I taste something just a little too sweet or salty or whatever, I'm fighting a binge.

As for the new job ... I'll be honest, I've never known anyone that worked fast food and could stomach the food at work after the first few days. There's a point where the smell just doesn't smell good anymore. Try looking at the fries in the oil. Think how much you wouldn't want to drink that gnarly gross oil, then think about how much gets absorbed by each fry. Fries are mostly oil, that big vat of oil. It's turning my stomach just to say write that!

I have similar trouble when I work art shows, my work always seems to end up next to something yummy. But after an hour or two, the smell just grosses me out. People stop by to talk to me and say "how can you stand it? I just want to devour everything, it smells so good!" and I have to be half honest that "it smells great for the first hour, and after that I don't even notice it." But that's a little bit untrue, because I can still smell it, but now the smell sickens me.

Fiona: Thanks for the book recommendation, I've been looking for something like that!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tefrey View Post
Good for you on the insight! If I didn't have to eat, I would never feel the urge to overeat. But as soon as I taste something just a little too sweet or salty or whatever, I'm fighting a binge.

As for the new job ... I'll be honest, I've never known anyone that worked fast food and could stomach the food at work after the first few days. There's a point where the smell just doesn't smell good anymore. Try looking at the fries in the oil. Think how much you wouldn't want to drink that gnarly gross oil, then think about how much gets absorbed by each fry. Fries are mostly oil, that big vat of oil. It's turning my stomach just to say write that!

I have similar trouble when I work art shows, my work always seems to end up next to something yummy. But after an hour or two, the smell just grosses me out. People stop by to talk to me and say "how can you stand it? I just want to devour everything, it smells so good!" and I have to be half honest that "it smells great for the first hour, and after that I don't even notice it." But that's a little bit untrue, because I can still smell it, but now the smell sickens me.

Fiona: Thanks for the book recommendation, I've been looking for something like that!
This is one of the reasons why I bake. I stare at it so long and think about how much I had to deal with the dough that by the time it comes out I no longer want it.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 167/138/123

Bingeing might not always be as bad as slightly over eating at every meal when it comes to weight. I'm a binge eater and although I've curbed it to about once every 3 weeks now, even when I used to binge once or twice a week I was still always about 45 pounds lighter then my best friend who is the same height and build as me. She's never deprived herself on fad diets so never felt the need to binge, but her key problem is having the worst option at every meal despite only eating 3 or 4 times a day. Its a horrible cycle but can still keep weight under control to a certain degree
Arnotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #10  

Hi guys.. Just wanted to give an update.

I have not binged since the 1st. I haven't really felt the need to for some reason which is odd because I normally feel like i should every night. (I know i know a problem) Maybe its because i've been soooo darn busy that I fall asleep fairly early every night and my prime binge time is late nights. Maybe that's something i should think about to stop binging is going to sleep early. lol
Old 12-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default hi

hey, good job not bingeing! I think you're right about being busy... I didn't even care about food much when I was always on the go... also yeah can't binge if you're asleep!
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #12  

Well I had a binge last night. I stayed up late due to **** week (Finals/ last week of school) and it just hit me.. So I'm back to day one. I'm up late tonight too.. but the urge has only been minimal. I am able to handle it tonight.

Day 1: 12/6/13
Old 12-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #13  
Fighting the bulge.....

S/C/G: 197/140/125

Height: 5ft6inches

Default Oh I can relate

I just found out about this forum and was SO glad/relieved to see this thread. I am so frightened about my binges and overeating.....I really need to remind myself (sometimes out loud) that my body is worth more than overfilling it. *sigh* it's tough though.

A lot of my 'incidents' are emotionally triggered.
meredithk115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #14  
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona W View Post
I highly recommend Kathryn Hansen's Brain Over Binge. It's too early to say that I'm cured, but it's made a HUGE difference for me so far. I no longer feel powerless in the face of my cravings for unhealthy or too much food.
I have downloaded a free sample of the book from Amazon onto my Kindle. You have mentioned this book before. I was curious if the book is something you continue to read, turn to, even after you have finished it. Does it become a "companion" type item of a "food bible" for you>
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotperfect24 View Post
I dont have a plan so far.

I was hoping I just kind of do it as I go. But probably not going to happen.
This is what I'm doing, just going with it. First of all, I'm low carb so if I say "Atkins", that's, even now, still a buzz word. My husband will say Atkins, tho. However, we never did induction. So really we're just eating how we hope to continue eating which is no flour, no sugar, no high GI fruits.

Also no bread BUT I will make an exception for something truly whole grain with a lot of fiber. That just cuts out MOST bread since they CLAIM they are whole grain but it's really hard to find. If bread is not good enough to be eaten on its own instead of merely as a meat holder, it's off limits. Actually that's VERY easy to do. Think about how may crappy buns you've eaten along with that hamburger.

Also no rice but, again, will eat a nice pilaf that has some good fiber in it. And hoping to make quinoa a viable alternative since it's such a good source of protein and relatively good source of fiber.

And, of course, salads and good cruciferous vegetables.

I honestly just realized I was an overeater as one doesn't have to be a binger to overeat. I thought as long as I wasn't binging, I wasn't overeating. So just realizing that and realizing it's okay to put the fork down has been a HUGE help to me.

Last edited by Mad Donnelly; 12-16-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Mad Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote