View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #30
pamatga
FINISH WHAT YOU START!

S/C/G: 301.8/245.8/135 HW/CW/GW

Height: 5'6.5"

Smile Day Seventeen: End Overeating

Day 17: End Overeating As I said earlier that some of these days were going to be easier than others. The past three days in the pink book says it all about my whole reason for being here. For me, eating mindfully and slowly is easy. However, how I define "overeating" has changed quite a bit over the past several years, which makes me wonder if this is one area that I am going to have to tweak right up to my end goal weight as well as into maintenance. I am beginning to think so. So, I definitely like Dr. Beck's definitions at the time being because they can be taken into account the physical sensation of being full vs. a specific amount of calories. However, it really does mean being in touch constantly with your stomach, your appetite and your desire to continue to eating beyond the feeling of fullness. This is definitely about self-awareness in a way that many major diet plans do not even scratch the surface on.

I had a major meltdown yesterday regarding one of the darkest clouds that has been hanging over my life for the past six months and I had the most frightening realization that it may take longer than I had previously thought before it moves on. I was angry, scared and confused. Up until I rejoined this group, I had allowed this 'set of circumstances' derail me with my food plan. I love to exercise, in spite of my RA, and I kept that up for the majority of that time but my food plan was so hit and miss. I was really feeling demoralized when I arrived here. I had not lost a pound since mid-June although I also had not gained more than 2-3 lbs. either. Credit moi for that.

However, with this 'a-ha' moment last night, I realized that I am going to be in for the fight of my life regarding both my ability to hold it together and continue to lose weight as I both need and want to. So, I have also come to the acute realization that I need this BDS more than ever. I am exactly where I need to be. No doubt about it!

I credit myself for making a much better choice for dinner last night and doing my cardio later. So, ForMGirls, I now have 2 points since I had to re-start over this past Monday.

maryann You said it so well about how to both exercise your resistance muscle as well as the importance in doing so. I also belong to a couple other online weight loss support threads/groups and, time and time again, I keep coming back to those who "fail to plan, plan to fail." We can not allow ourselves to be like innocent sheep going to slaughter simply because we did not understand the significance of this concept. Those people who have successfully lost weight and kept it off know this deep in their bones.

Joy(gardenerjoy): Your night at the Botanical Gardens sounds just lovely. I so agree with what you said about just pretending the food doesn't exist. It is using "denial" in a positive way. I have done the same thing when faced with such insurmountable odds in my life that I thought I would never be able to overcome them. I call it putting "blinders on" (like how horses wear) and keeping my objective always in mind, looking forward, not back nor sideways.

Debbie R (lexxiss): It all starts in our mind; both the defeat as well as the success. Think. Believe. Act. You got it down. Good job!

Cheryl(seadwaters): Great Job on the stepping as well as 4 days of OP.

lulu Thanks for all of the insights. I agree with BBE that all of you are both my peers as well as my teachers. back again. I was here about two years ago, tried other things, learned some things, and ready to really push to my end goal weight: maintenance by Thanksgiving Day 2014.

Take care all, Pam