Thanks for the warm welcome back!!
I read chapter 1, The Key To Success.
and I took the following notes from that chapter:
- A slip is a temporary mistake, not a sign to give up.
- Expect rough patches, plan for them, and persevere.
- Challenges will gradually diminish until eating differently is just a way of life.
- I can learn how to talk back to my sabotaging thoughts convincingly.
- A cheat can be just a little unplanned eating that can be no big deal at all.
- To use appropriate eating behaviors consistently and permanently, ya gotta change your thinking.
- Prepare for challenging moments and have "helpful thoughts" prepared ahead of time, written down, of thoughts I can think to myself when the challenge is here.
These are the things that jumped out at me as useful to have handy.
I hope they help you too!!