– 14 day streak on my eating plan, CREDIT moi. First day without leftover turkey since Thanksgiving. I miss it already. DW told me that Whole Foods had a sale on turkey parts, "Do you want any?" Of course not, for now. But I don't regret those four days of lunch and dinner of turkey. I only regret that we ran out of her homemade cranberry sauce - an uncooked variety made with an old hand grinder with whole oranges.
Did gym, CREDIT moi, including the exercise class with the Zumba instructor who tones it down for us non-Zumbanians. Can't believe that I don't tire of working out to 'Y-M-C-A' in the background; she makes the hand motions part of the movement.
– Neat idea to "pretend they aren't serving food"
- can't wait to hear how that goes.
– This planning thing seems to make a difference, per your, "I really "think" those items through."
– Kudos for four days in a row checking in as well as beating your steps goal of 5000 steps. Love reading, "Hamburger plus salad, no bun. Apple"
after reading that as your published plan from the day before.
– Thanks for "Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom"
applied to our eating plan. LOL at "may skip logging my food plan the day before my last day"
while wondering how you're going to manage to figure out when it's that day.
- Just an amazing Sabotaging Thought after a day of sanity, "Well now you are leaving, you can take some with you."
Blows my mind. Kudos for seeing through it. What a superb job of panning and constructing meals that will make your Disneyland trip an eating-plan success. [The secret is to grow fond of dry turkey, LOL.]
– Waving toward your plane on its way to Florida. Glad to hear that your mom was discharged - hope that's the beginning of recovery. Kudos for leaving more than half of your entree.
– Of course you can join in. We particularly welcome your re-reading the Pink Book since we all benefit from fresh perspectives.
day 8 Create Time and Energy
what are you thinking?
Here are some other common sabotaging thoughts and helpful responses. If any are similar to your own thoughts, make Response Cards to help you.
Sabotaging Thought: I'm a spontaneous person. I don't like to schedule my time.
Helpful Response: To lose weight, I have to give up some spontaneity. I wish I didn't have to, but that's the way it is - at least for now. Until I've developed a routine, I can't rely on spontaneous shopping and spontaneous food preparation. But that doesn't mean that I can't be spontaneous in other ways.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 105.