Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #1  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Getting Out of the 240s

I can't find the old thread so I am not sure what happened to it so I will start it again. I hope those who were posting in the old 240s thread will find this one.

For those who are new to the "10 lbs. at a time" Club, this is where you post while you are moving through this decade. My understanding is that the only "rule" is that there are no rules so post whatever you feel you wish to share regarding how things are going on your end.

Well, I have been OP (on plan) for four days in a row for starters. I also worked out every day since this past Monday.

This is the first Thanksgiving in any of my memories of not having several of the traditional sides as well as pumpkin pie. I did not buy them nor the ingredients to make any of them. I enjoyed the turkey, pre-measured mashed potatoes and gravy and lots and lots of vegetables. I did 30 minutes cardio while my DH was watching old Andy Griffith reruns. Later, I had popcorn while watching a couple of movies in the evening. I felt empowered the entire day and I did not feel deprived.

I hope everyone had a great day and, if you are shopping today, hope you find some great deals.

Take care, Pam
Old 11-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Hey pam! The other one is on page two, but it is close to the max anyways lol

I had a good thanksgiving, went over to my aunt's house and saw lots of extended family from her husbands side. lots of cousins I grew up with. I didn't do as well restricting myself as I had hoped to do but I still did a ton better than I usually do.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #3  

240s peeps! WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?! lol
Old 11-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #4  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

I'm still here. I just spent a leisurely morning with DH sipping coffee. I checked my page 2 and it was no where to be found on my end so I will post here. Eventually, others will show up.

Well, Thanksgiving is a hard day for a lot of people. I made up my mind that I would just simply not bring some of the stuff I have trouble with into the house at all and that seems to be the best plan for me. I have already been in this "10 lbs." decade longer than I had wanted to anyway. Oh well....I will be here as long as it takes, right?

I have been OP with my food plan since Monday including Thanksgiving and I have also worked out every day as well as Thanksgiving. I worked out while DH watched reruns of Andy Griffith.

I may be alone in posting here but I am here.

Take care, everyone and anyone, Pam
Old 12-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #5  
Simply Filling Technique

Thumbs up 6 consecutive days of being OP and working out!

Good morning all!

I have had 6 days of being on plan with my food plan including Thanksgiving and working out every day as well, alternating between my free weight strength exercises and my chair cardio workouts. Today, I want to end this week with either a yoga or Pilates dvd.

If you are in the 240s then I guess this is the only thread for that. I have checked a couple of times and the "old one" seems to have vanished. I wish the pounds would do the same.

Well, my challenges for the month of December is to not gain or regain and to lose "something".

Hope all is well on your end, please join if you wish.

Take care, Pam
Old 12-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #6  

Hey pam! I think the others abandoned us for the holiday weekend lol did ok yesterday, ate more calories than I would like, but I exercised which hopefully balanced some of it out and I was on track with my carbs which is really good
Old 12-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Morning ladies!

Sorry I was out of town. I posted a link in the previous thread so everyone can find this one.

Sounds like you both did pretty good. I did alright until I got home. I was too tired to cook and needed to do laundry, sweep, etc. and went out to taco bell. It was good, but of course the scale went up. But hopefully it will begin to move back down.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #8  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

Mara, glad to see your familiar and friendly face again. I love the little kitty avatar. "I think I can" too. I hope you had a great holiday with family and friends. I hear you about being so tired from the holidays. I got up early and had my usual java fix but I went back to sleep. Even though it is supposed to rain once my DH gets back from a short work day we are going out to do some grocery shopping.

I managed to stay OP with my food plan for one week now. I rejoined another thread here, Beck Diet Solution. I had followed that about 18 months ago and after I had my meltdown awhile back I just knew I had to get back to what worked for me then. I had been stalled since June going up and down 3-5 lbs. I knew a lot of it was things out of my control but the one thing that I was struggling with in my control; how I ate and worked out, I wasn't in control of.

I now feel like after a week of sane eating and working out, my "fat head" is under my thumb.

Welcome to a new month all who wish to join us here in the 240s "decade". I guess, there are no rules except post when you can and share with us how you are doing on your end. If any one has any pointers that are working for them, we all would love to hear them.

Take care, Pam
Old 12-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #9  

Hey mara! I'm glad you had a good holiday! That water weight will fall off in no time I'm sure

Pam a week OP is awesome!!! keep up the good work

I'm doing well right now, I have 2 tests a week from tomorrow so I have a feeling that this weekend and monday is when I will really struggle since anxiety makes me want baked goods lol We are going out of town to do a zombie run on sat so I won't even get much studying in over the weekend. I'm not sure if that will make me more anxious or distract me enough to make me less anxious... i guess we will see lol
Old 12-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #10  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Hello all!... Well I felt like a liar posting here as I was back into the 250's... and went AWOL... well I have lost some of the water and am back down to 249.6... still have 2 more lbs of water to lose to get back to pre Turkey Day weight, but will do it! BACK on induction and feeling Gooooodddddd...

Mara... Yeppers.. that water weight will flush! It will! I believe in you!

Pam - Thank you for keeping the thread going (you too Pixikat) and glad that you too have gotten the mind strightened out for yourself.. But you have done so well staying OP for 6 + days! That is awesome!

Pixikat... Gosh that Zombie run looks like fun... Another poster did one of those last summer and posted pictures.. What a blast! It will definitely take your mind off the stress of studying!. But I bet you will do Great on those 2 tests! Just remember tho.. Those baked goods have no Power over you!

Have a terrific day all!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Pam awesome job staying on track!

Pixikat the zombie run sounds like lots of fun. Maybe the run will help lessen you aniexty and help you get the most out of your study time.

Sue you will have those 2lbs beat in no time.

I am the same as yesterday. Thought it would be less since I had a good day on food choices. Hoped it would flush some of the water. But it is now TOM so maybe that is it. Oh well onward we march!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/140

Hi Mara, and pnkrckpixicat thank you both for the welcomes!! Great to be here!!

Hi pamatga!! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! I’ve been thinking about how to minimize the damage with some home cooking and I can see that a lot of fat and calories could be saved with some substitutions that don’t compromise on taste. I’m having my first food ‘n friends gathering this coming Sunday so I’ll let you know how it goes!

I don’t hate my body or try to cover it exactly, and I know how to make the most of my assets but I’m no hourglass figure either. My friends aren’t skinny, and some are probably overweight if I think about it, but when they wear tight dresses they at least go in and out in the right places. I think when I have less ins and outs on my body I’ll be a lot more comfortable to show it off – that’s what I want more than to get down in pounds.

You’re right about the working out, I used to be a real sporty child and then just let it go as I got older and I guess I just kept on eating the same. I’ve found a nice gym in my area where they concentrate on classes as I know I need a more structured routine and a more social aspect so I just signed up to some aerobics and body pump classes and also Pilates so the new me starts tomorrow with all that! Phentermine is meant to give you more energy but I’m not sure it’s working for me that well, although I can tell I have less of an appetite so that’s the main thing. I sure ate a lot less during Thanksgiving and I made sure I was more mindful about my choices – I was able to take a step back when offered more food, think about if I really really wanted it and then I think I was able to make smarter choices.

So, the good news is, I weighed myself yesterday after a week on phentermine and I’m happy to report that I’m down 3 pounds to 241!! I guess it would have been more if not for the holidays but even with that I’m shocked! I really have cut down a lot though, all my family noticed how much less I was eating and they all said how proud they were of me. So I’m pretty much on cloud 9 today!!

Have a great week y’all!!

Last edited by nikitanix; 12-03-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #13  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Keep On Keepin On!

Hello everyone, glad to see all of your "faces"!

Well, unfortunately, I went over on my calories yesterday. We ate lunch out and completely out of character for me I decided to have Mexican. Sometimes, I just don't know what I want when I got out to eat. This was one of those times. It was good but when I went home to look up the amount of calories and sodium in the food, I was very disappointed. Then, without thinking (again) I had popcorn last night. To my credit, I did do my strength free weights workouts while watching "Santa Clause" (the first one of the three Tim Allen movies). I think it stands the test of time. It was cute and funny.

nikitanix: congrats on finding a gym that has what you need. I am not sure what the medicine that you are taking is for but I am assuming that it suppresses your appetite. Was this by prescription? I guess, when I feel hungry I have something hot to drink like tea or coffee. Two big cups and that will hold me for several hours. I also fall back on popcorn at night because it is low cal (and low fat) and it takes a long time to eat.

I would mention your concerns to the gym personnel and see if they can create a workout plan that will help your curves become more visible. I have an hourglass underneath my "apple" shape. I coaxed it out by really doing a lot of core exercises. Also, the right kind of clothing can give the appearance of a more hourglass figure. Good luck! I am sure you will find something so you can feel like you are one of your compadres.

mara I agree with sodium. It sucks. Until I started logging my food and reading labels I never realized how much sodium is in so many "every day" foods like milk, bread, eggs and even margarines/butters. I don't even salt at the table and yet my sodium is a lot higher than I would like. I agree; we just have to keep marchin on.

sue(wannaskipnlaugh): well, glad to hear that you are back in the 240s. You mentioned Induction? Are you following Atkins or one of those low-carb food plans? How is that going for you?

pixiekat: Hope the tests turned out okay for you. I am not familiar with what a zombie run is. Is that like a 5K or is it more like the t.v. programs that feature zombies?

Have a great day, all Pam

Last edited by pamatga; 12-03-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Hi all!!

After briefly (literally one day) joining you all, I am back again! The scale bounced back and forth a couple of weeks between 250-255. Now that Thanksgiving is over I am officially joining this thread. This morning I weighed in at 249.2. Hopefully all of our stay here is short!

I admit I have not been eating as well as I should be. There are so many goodies everywhere! But I need to get back on track.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #15  

sue welcome back!

Mara that is what I am hoping will happen! oh! TOM! boo but that means that that 2lbs and possibly more will flush off at the end

niki my friend is on them, she says she doesn't FEEL more energetic but she finds herself moving more in terms of fidgeting etc, kind of like being fidgety after drinking caffeine. But congrats with the classes, they sound fun!

Pam I will let you know next Wednesday how the tests went lol the zombie run is a 5k obstacle course where volunteers are dressed up as zombies and try to capture the flags on your belt that represent your life. so if you lose all 3 flags you were "killed" in the zombie apocalypse and if you keep at least one you "survived". I know I will die fairly quickly since I wasn't able to train for months and barely got the doctor to ok my heart and knee for running. I am looking forward to the run but I just found out a cold front is hitting texas so it is going to be a high of 39 degrees on sat

justaloozer ignore those treats, you can do it!!!
Closed Thread