South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default On Plan Thread Dec 2 - 8

It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!

This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

People in different phases of South Beach post here so it will help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!

While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?

How's it going for you?

Of course feel free to share your daily on plan menu
Old 12-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #2  

Didnt have the best weekend, I had our annual December 1st gathering at a local restaurant. I had been to this restaurant before and new exactly what I was going to order. When I got there however, the menu had changed and I had to select something else on the fly.... Didnt make the worst decision, but certainly not the best one either.

Ah well, today is the start of a new week.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/166/135

Height: 5'3

Today marks the end of week one of phase one for me....and so far so good....I think at least.....I have been following the plan as closely as possible with a few minor hiccups here and there. I started the week at about 175lbs and I will not weigh myself until the end of phase 1 - I am one of those people who obsesses with the numbers and I am determined to make this about how I feel and not whether or not the scale has moved today.....

This forum is great and has helped me through a few tricky spots this week!!
Old 12-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #4  

I'm new to the forum. I lost 55 pounds last year on sbd, but life has conspired to get me off the wagon the past few months. I have only put back on a few pounds, clothes all still fit fine, but I am trying to correct course before it is too late. So today is day 1 of two weeks on phase one in hopes of getting rid of cravings. Hoping for inspiration from others here!

So far so good; i had a recipe from Kalyn's Kitchen for lunch and there is a recipe from here in the crockpot. Morning snack was a lite string cheese and afternoon was raw carrots with hummus. I do have to be cautious of hummus; I love it and it's easy to go overboard! I have never had a problem with breakfast, pretty much the same thing every morning for a year and a half now. I have Scrambled eggs, sometimes with one strip of turkey bacon, and a small can of V8.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #5  

Todays menu Phase 1.5 (fruit no grain)

Greek yogurt w/ 1/3 sliced banana & crushed peanuts
V8

Caesar salad w/ romaine, tomatoes, red onion, roasted chickpeas & Renee's garlic lovers dressing
Diet Coke

Cheese string

Meatballs (homemade, no bread crumbs) w/ nsa marinara & fresh parm.
Green beans (a ton of them)
Glass of skim milk

Cucumber w/ cream cheese (if munchie in a bit)
Old 12-02-2013, 11:53 PM   #6  
Less of a Better Me

This was Day 1 of Phase 1. I've done SBD before but went off it and everything else last year when we were busing buying a house and moving. I've been back on track using WW for a couple of months, but I find WW compatible with SBD. I plan to start doing some freezer cooking and that is also easily compatible.

So I decided it would be a nice start to do Phase I even though I've done it before. I'm actually doing the Gluten Sensitive version just to check that out. I don't actually think I'm very sensitive, but I think DH may be. He is starting with Phase II (he only has 10 pounds left to lose).

We went shopping today after I realized that most of the frozen vegetables I have are mixes with carrots.

So I bought some other veggies and made a salad with a grilled chicken breast for dinner.

Smooth day. The only thing negative is that I've recently started drinking a WW smoothie for calcium (I've read the label). You can do it with water for 1 milk serving and with nonfat or 1% milk for 2 milk servings. I don't like milk so I did with nonfat milk and it made me nauseated. Dairy doesn't bother me in moderate amounts but that was too much at once.

Anyway, it was a good day overall.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Phase 1-ish after the holiday week -

B: V8, cut up veggies (ran out of time - oops)
S: cashews
L: onion soup, lf mozz, tomatoes with balsamic vinaigrette, hot tea
S: laughing cow, celery
D: good question . . . meatballs maybe? salad?
Old 12-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I have eaten on plan for the past couple of days (phase 1.5 - fruit, but no grains), but my menu is too bizarre to post . I was traveling today and just ate here and there, and yesterday I hadn't prepped yet.

BUT, what I wanted to say, is I finally made Lindsey's PB banana muffins - those are GREAT! A little odd, and I think the cinnamon is a bit off for me, but very satisfying. I actually couldn't eat both this AM on the road.

As well, if anyone has eaten that exquisite autumn squash soup at panera, I made a copycat. It was a-maz-ing!!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #9  

Tammy glad you liked the muffins... they do really fill that "I really want a muffin" need.

On to todays menu Phase 1.5 (fruit, no grain)

Scrambled eggs
V8

Chicken and Veggie soup

Greek yogurt w/ blueberries

Ham roll ups w/ mayo & rf cheddar
Green beans
Carrots
Glass of skim milk

Cucumber w/ ranch

I have been a lazy cook recently, really need to get back in the kitchen and be creative.... don't want to make bad decisions out of boredom!
Old 12-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
You can do it with water for 1 milk serving and with nonfat or 1% milk for 2 milk servings. I don't like milk so I did with nonfat milk and it made me nauseated. Dairy doesn't bother me in moderate amounts but that was too much at once.
I have a similar problem with 2% milk and cream... make me feel sick to my stomach.... but 1% and skim dont bother me in the least.
If non fat milk is making you nauseous, perhaps make it with water and then take a calcium suppliment as well... just a thought.

Oh, and welcome back to the beach!

Last edited by RiverGirl; 12-04-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/166/135

Height: 5'3

Uggg! I woke up this morning with the worst stomach ache!!!

I am trying to get motivated this morning but nothing seems to be working.....

I am on day 9 of Phase One and my menu for today looks like this;

Breakfast - veggie scrambled eggs with a V8
Lunch- leftover chicken and broccoli
Dinner - beef vegetable soup and a salad
Snacks - 2 PB cookies with a glass of milk, celery and laughing cow cheese and a hard-boiled egg with hot sauce

Happy Hump Day!!!

Samm
Old 12-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning everyone!

I'm doing ok (I think) on phase 1.5 I'm afraid to eat anything other than veggies and meat. That's left over from the other plan I was on. I have been bringing in some cheese and nuts daily. My only phase 2 addition thus far has been an apple most days. Today my plan looks like this:

Breakfast- veggie quiche cups
Snack- apple & 1/2 C cottage cheese (haven't had cottage cheese for a long time)
Lunch- mixed salad with chicken & oil based dressing
Snack- 15 nuts (mixed)
Dinner- Ground turkey Italian stir fry (maybe some SF jello for dessert)
Old 12-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #13  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Default Finally back to posting menus...

Hi, SBD-ers! I have finally gotten back around to planning menus. I went on vacation early in the summer and never got back on track. I suspect I have worked myself into a bit of a binge-eating disorder. I have a lot of food issues now. BUT when I plan healthy meals, actually eat those planned meals and don't binge on processed carbs for some set amount of time I think I can eventually re-set myself back to "normal" and stop being a slave to stupid carb cravings. I am back to my all-time high weight.

Yeah, I'm "only" dealing with a 20-30 pound gain (total) but holy moley I have been trying for years to get it off.

On to the menu. It feels good to have even one planned day!!!

Phase 1

B - coffee w/ us almond milk.... Cauliflower protein pancakes (made w/ flax meal, under the allowed amount for Phase 1) w/ lots of cinnamon, 1 tsp Smart Balance and 2 Tbs sf pancake syrup (I would like to eliminate most artificial sweeteners - but not until I get other aspects of eating under control). Chai-spiced black tea w/ us almond milk.

L - Spinach salad with Annie's Goddess dressing, hard-boiled egg and mushrooms.

S - broccoli & red pepper slices with roasted garlic hummus

D - I'm going to try http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/croc...bean-stew.html with seitan instead of chicken.

Dessert - nf Greek yogurt w/ sf Torani syrup.

Plugged into FitDay: 1168 calories (29% carb/34% fat/37% protein), 23g fiber.
Exercise = 1 hour Yoga

Last edited by EmmaD; 12-04-2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 12-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #14  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

That last menu is actually from yesterday. I did NOT stick completely to my plan (still struggling... sigh) but I did eat most of what was on the list, just supplemented with some clementines and too much chocolate.

Phase 1
B - coffee with us almond milk. My version of Faux-tmeal (no protein powder, no egg white, just TVP, flax meal [2Tbs], cinnamon, almond milk)... it's really good! I like it as much as real oatmeal. I would still eat oatmeal but I am playing around with different lower carb options. Topped with some Greek yogurt.

L - Vegetarian Lemon Garlic Chicken White Bean Stew

S - broc/caul with roasted garlic hummus

D - Spaghetti squash with mushroom sauce and veggie meatballs, spinach salad

dessert - Greek yogurt

FitDay: 1163 calories (34% carb, 31% fat, 36% protein), 29 g fiber
Old 12-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
just supplemented with some clementines and too much chocolate.
LOL EmmaD that line made me laugh, I have the same problem... not a great time of year for dieters. Either way, welcome back!

As for my menu today Phase 1.5 (fruit no grain)

***slept through breakfast***

Greek yogurt w/ 1/3 of a banana sliced, sf chocolate sauce, a few crushed peanuts (this is soooo good, like eating a banana split)
V8

Cheese string

Ham & Pineapple (not SBD approved, dont be like me)
Brocolli
Caesar salad w/ romaine, onion, fresh parm & Renees garlic lovers dressing
Glass of skim milk

Square of dark(ish) chocolate
a few more peanuts
Closed Thread