Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/120/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Over it!

I am getting sooooo discouraged, frustrated, bored you name it. I am at my last 20lbs. Or my last 8lbs for Christmas. October 22nd to November 21st I lose 12lbs. I have started working out then backed off from it because it seems I stagnate when I work out. But I obviously needed to change something up. So I changed up the work out. I do heavier workouts m-w-f and lighter work outs t-thurs. I would zig zag my calorie's as well. Light workout days I would have 22 points and heavy workout days I would have 18 points (the heavy w/o days were the morning after the heavy points if that makes sense) I am on Weight Watchers. Now...Thanksgiving. I did not go overboard. Actually the day after on Friday I only gained 2 oz's. Then.....Friday to Sunday morning...today....I gain 2lbs. What. The. Heck? I was sitting at 152 for a week them boom, this weekend still staying at my points or below and I gain 2lbs. No working out this weekend however. I am so tired of trying to figure out my body, my metabolism you name it. Just tired. I feel like I will never be able to enjoy a "splurge day" or I was hoping when I get to maintenance I could watch during the week and be free'er on the weekends. Just burned out. Really burned out. I was thinking of going to Atkins to change things up and honestly I am so hungry when I go to bed my stomach growls so loud it can be heard across the room. Ugh!!!!!! I am proud at how far I came this year and am so very lucky but I am just so very tired LOL! I don't know.
jayavery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #2  
Motivation :)

S/C/G: 380/220/190

Don't give up! as for where you've got too and what you've lost so far... i'm really happy for you! The first thing i've gotta say is the human body is very confusing the fact of the matter is your weight will fluctuate rapidly over just a short amount of days because a number of things main one being water weight..
I tend to push people away from weighing them self too regularly as it can put a damper on some peoples hard work! and you've been working really hard you're doing all the right things and none of the bad, if you would like some suggestions maybe i could help out? but you're the only motivation you need, as for the stomach growls i doubt that can be helped haha i'm struggling with that myself but not eating 3 hours before bed will help with your bodies recovery stage and wont make it store that unwanted weight,
Apologizes if this hasn't been too much help i'm still a young-un with much to learn and people like yourself give me motivation to fight for a stronger version of myself.
CovLad98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #3  

Thank You CovLad and yes I would love more suggestions. I drink plenty of water as well. And that theory of our bodies get used to the quantity and we will pee less is just that...A theory LOL! I do try to eat earlier in the evenings but sometimes is hard. I want to come home and eat with hubby (different meals of course) but that is about 5:30 or 6PM and I should go to bed at 8PM because I get up at 4AM to work out. I will admit badly I am afraid the hunger tricks my mind into thinking I am doing well and I "feel" better. But now the last 2 nights or so I went to bed what I think starving and I gained these pesky 2lbs. I know I shouldn't weigh everyday but it's how I keep myself in check or at least I think I do.

And Congrats back at you amazing progress!!

Last edited by jayavery; 12-01-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #4  
Motivation :)

S/C/G: 380/220/190

Do you work out on an empty stomach when you first wake? as something that's been suggested to me long ago was to work out for an hour straight out of bed without eating beforehand and then waiting 30 mins after to then eat, another thing i've been doing lately is eating a heavy breakfast "three boiled eggs and a slice of toast.." a filling lunch and later on in the day something smaller, maybe this would be good for you as well if you tend to sleep not long after eating? i do know if you keep bouncing your caloric intake daily i.e 1800c for two days 2100c another then repeat "not the correct calories for you obviously just an example" you'll be in control of the food aspect of things and then it's more to do with creating a more intense work out routine and not something you do everyday, "example* start off one day walking for an hour the next day walk with 30-60 sec jogging intervals every five minuets" again.. just suggestions and most of what i've just said is most likely confusing to others but it works for me, haha

i look forward to seeing you become the stronger version of yourself in future!

Ps as for diets i'm not sure if you have time on the weekends but if you've got the time and the tupperware containers you could always boil some chicken breasts and some veg and stick them in the container for your week a head " again just something i tend to do as it keeps my mind off of food knowing what i've got if that makes sense..."
CovLad98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/149/140

Height: 5'7"

Hang in there. I'm on my last 20 lbs as well and the scale is barely moving. My body does not want to give these pounds up. I was stalled in the 160s for a long time and switched from WW to counting calories and it's helped a bit. I also weigh every day religiously which keeps me from backsliding. I don't have any real advice, I just wanted to chime in and encourage you to keep going. You have come so far and it's too easy to get discouraged at times like this and give up. Especially at this time of the year. It may not happen as quickly as you want, but you'll get there if you keep going. You can do it!
Veloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #6  
Warrior Princess

Patience. The last 20 are very hard to lose.

Jogging 3-4 miles a day, 5 days a week (minimum) is what finally did it for me. I can even have splurge days. I don't run quite that much anymore but I was on a mission.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #7  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Patience!

The last few are the hardest to lose.

Took me like 3 months to lose the last 5 pounds.

For me, it is not uncommon to see a gain, due to salt show up several days, after a holiday. And then it takes several days after that to lose the water weight.

Faithful food tracking and daily weighing, and tracking of both, will give you feedback into how your body responds.

There is no failure, only feedback! Realize, that it is DATA, learn to use it!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #8  

Thank you so much everyone for your suggestions and support! I love this site. I agree CovLad about planning my meals ahead it keeps me in control of my points. When I wing it I tend to slightly go over. Only a point or 2 but that will make a difference for me. I also did incorporate the more heavier work outs with lighter ones. Most of all everyone it is the patience skill I need. I will admit. I want to be at the end so bad but then I have to realize there will never really be an end because maintenance is going to be a whole new skill to acquire. Good news though...I was down 2lbs this morning. Thanks everyone for responding!
Old 12-05-2013, 06:07 AM   #9  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Yeah, the last bit is rough isn't it? I was looking at my weigh ins and I've only lost 4 pounds in the last 12 weeks, even though I have a bit more to lose and continue to work at it hard.

And words of truth from you: There will never really be an end.

Yup. On we march!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 12-05-2013 at 06:08 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote