South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #1  
Hi!

Default New here - saying hi!

Hi there! I'm mezmerelda, aka mez. Or Melissa, I suppose. I've been lurking in the forums on and off since my last (successful) time doing SBD about 5 years ago.

I'm not really focused on the pounds, although if I had to guess at what I'd like to lose, it would be about 40-50. I would like to get back down to a size 8 or 10, and I'm in about a 14 right now. I'm 42, and things have not been working for me like they did when I was younger. Shocking, right? The one thing I know that works is SBD, so I'm easing in this week, but will go all in next Monday the 9th.

I hope this works for me again. Nothing else has. I've been on a steady gain for the past 4 years regardless of how much I work out, how many calories I consume, etc. I found out about 3 years ago that I have a pituitary tumor that may or may not be adding to my troubles, but it's not secreting enough to be medicated, or large enough to be removed.

Other things about me - I live in the NW corner of Illinois near the Mississippi, about 15 minutes from Iowa or Wisconsin. I'm in a vacation town that has lots of outdoor activities year round. I have 3 dogs (Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs), no kids, and one husband of 16+ years.

Thanks for reading!
mezmerelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Hello & welcome back to the beach and the forum!
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Sadly the older we get the more challenging losing weight can be.....but it is not impossible Welcome back, looking forward to getting to know you on the boards.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:46 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I'm 55 and have really found South Beach works as long as I really make the effort to stick with it.

My very best strategy has been to come here every single day. There are lots of great people here!

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Mezmerelda and to The Beach. Looking forward to getting to know you. Posting will help you keep on track.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Mezmerelda! I'm new too. Our stats are pretty much exactly the same. Out story is the same too except I lost on another plan and the weight has come back. I'm here to offer support any time!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Welcome, Melissa. I lurked too
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #8  
Hi!

Thanks everyone! Day 3 of my partial immersion. So far, so good. Cravings aren't here yet, but I'm guessing that will hit later. I was drinking a meal replacement shake for lunch on pretty much a daily basis, and I miss that a bit. I had a bit more energy in the afternoons, I'm guessing from all the vitamins, than I have for the past couple of days. Let's see how long it takes me to get sick of eggs...

Last edited by mezmerelda; 12-04-2013 at 09:17 PM.
mezmerelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome. I'm new to the board to but did SB a few years ago and was very successful.

Good Luck!
Redrosehip is offline   Reply With Quote