View Single Post
Old 11-15-2003, 08:28 PM   #1
Meg

S/C/G: 257/135/maintaining

Height: 5' 4"

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the new 3FC Maintainers Forum! It's a forum for those of us who are nearing or at our goal weights and who intend to keep the weight off for the rest of our lives. As Ive been maintaining my 122 pound weight loss for the past eighteen months, Ive learned how much I still need the support and camaraderie of 3FC, so Im delighted that weve been given a place to share our experiences and strategies and tips on staying lean for life.

When I weighted 257 pounds, I used to dream of the day that I would reach my goal weight. I imagined how I would look and assumed that I would be able to maintain my loss effortlessly. After all, if I got to my goal weight, I would be normal, right? The diet would be over and Id be cured of all my cravings and bad habits and eating issues. Id never binge or eat for emotional reasons. I would just naturally want to eat broccoli and tofu instead of chocolate and ice cream.

Of course I was wrong. I didnt look like I had imagined I looked like a deflated balloon. And every eating issue that I ever had was still with me. I also discovered that it takes as much thought and effort and planning to maintain my weight loss as it did to lose it in the first place. The reality is that this is a journey for life and losing weight is only the first step on the road to keeping the weight off forever. My weight loss phase took about a year my weight maintenance phase is going to last the rest of my life.

So please join in! Mel and I are the moderators and welcome any and all suggestions about the forum. This is our corner of 3FC to do with as we please!
Size 22/size 4
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote