Old 11-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Default How long did it take you to reach GOAL/how long have you been on your journey?

Hi all!
Please forgive me if this is not where I should have posted this thread, but I figured it wasn't really a thread for the reached goal section and I'm hoping to especially hear from those who have had 100lbs or more to lose.

How long did it take you to reach goal? Or how long have you been on your most current weight loss journey and how much have you lost so far?

In late December I will have reached 6 months on my weight loss and by then hopefully I will have reached 50 lbs lost (currently 42-45 lbs lost).
Although I'm so happy I'll soon hopefully be reaching my first mini-goal, I have to admit that thinking about how reaching my actual goal is at the very least a year away is severely frustrating. I wish the pounds would go away faster, but I want to lose my weight healthily and by changing my habits so hopefully the weight stays off for good! Anyone else sharing the same frustrations?
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #2  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

There is a maintainers forum, They might be a better suited place to ask this. For me personally though when I originally lost 90 lbs it took me about 9 mos-1 year but I wasn't trying hard core at first.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #3  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

I re-started watching my calories and exercising in April of 2011.
I reached goal this week. So, it's been about 2 years and 7 months to lose 164 pounds. It took me a long time, and it was really frustrating sometimes, but it's worth it. I set small goals because if I had set 135 as my goal it wouldve been overwhelming. Good luck to you!

Last edited by kisskiss; 11-26-2013 at 05:54 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Well I've been working at this since October 2008. I've had two pregnancies during my journey that have slowed my progress, but I met and then exceeded my original goal of 160 (90-110 pounds lost, depending on where I'm calculating from). I have been maintaining at around five pounds near my goal, though lowered the aforementioned goal and would like to meet it. But it takes a ton of effort to lose weight after so much already lost and maintained.

So anyway, it's taken me around five years and I haven't had any significant regains. But it doesn't really matter how long it takes, it matters more that it stays gone. The rest is just time.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #5  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
Well I've been working at this since October 2008. I've had two pregnancies during my journey that have slowed my progress, but I met and then exceeded my original goal of 160 (90-110 pounds lost, depending on where I'm calculating from). I have been maintaining at around five pounds near my goal, though lowered the aforementioned goal and would like to meet it. But it takes a ton of effort to lose weight after so much already lost and maintained.

So anyway, it's taken me around five years and I haven't had any significant regains. But it doesn't really matter how long it takes, it matters more that it stays gone. The rest is just time.
I need a "like" button for this LOL
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

It took me about 2 years and 4 months to lose 228 pounds. It took about 10 months to lose the first 100.

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:07 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I just celebrated my one year anniversary and 50lbs lost. I imagine it'll take another year to lose the next 50...
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:28 AM   #8  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

I am 45 weeks in and 47 pounds down....but who's counting!!! It is much slower this time!! Like KissKiss, I set smaller goals - even my realistic goal weight (RGW) isn't where I imagine myself at the very end but I'm not ready to post goal weight (GW) yet!!!!

One blog I read states it this way - "It takes as long as it takes!" This time for me it's not about the "loss" - my focus has to be on way of life and maintenance!! Best Wishes!!
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/284.0/185

Height: 5'5"

It has taken me 2 years to lose 80 pounds. I'm about 15 pounds from being half way to goal. It is super frustrating. :\

But if I'm being real honest I've only been completely on plan maybe 6 months of those 2 years & have yo-yo'd a little bit here and there during that time.
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 315.1/Ticker/160

Height: 5' 7"

I am thirteen weeks in and 40lbs down. This time my mind seems ready so it's seems easier.... over the years it has been so much harder. Everyone's journey is different. As is everyone's pace. In the end it doesn't matter how long it took, just that you reach your goal. Well done everyone!
therecoveringfatchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #11  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

If we want to be technical I've been on this journey since I first started trying to lose weight at age thirteen. Only about five months ago did I finally find something that works for me, and now I'm beginning have the frustrations of wishing the weight would come off faster. I've been researching health and fitness since I was 19, when I stopped trying to starve myself and purging to get the weight off, but it didn't 'click' until a few months ago.

I've lost 41lbs in about 5 months and I hope to be close to 50lbs down before New Year's, and then I'm heading as quickly as possible to 199lbs! Honestly my end goal can come when it will once I've broken out of the 200's. A year, two years, even three, I don't care. I just want to get into the 100's. I'm 5'8 and I tend to hold my weight pretty well. I want to be healthier and fitter of course, but I really crave that feeling of normalcy again. 190lbs is where I feel 'overweight' instead of obese, and 'overweight' seems so much better to me than obese. There's a threshold. When you're obese people wonder if you're going to be able to fit in places or make it up stairs. I feel invisible at this weight. When I'm 190lbs people approach me. People invite me to more things because no one is worried I won't fit or that I won't be able to keep up. :/
Anyways,
My end goal date is really just hopefully before I graduate with my bachelors, which is roughly three years away. It sounds like forever but I am 22 years old. I've been struggling with weight my whole life. Three years is nothing really. I won't even be completely done with my college education, as I'm planning to go get my Master's and then my PHD, which is about another three years where I hope to work on maintaining.

I plan on enjoying myself during this time but I really think my late twenties and early thirties is where I'm going to shine because, if I stay on track, I'll hopefully be done with college and at a really comfortable weight for myself. Not to say my life now isn't worthwhile but I'm working on losing weight for a reason.

The journey will be 100% worthwhile and so I try not to sit around and worry about it too much, but there is a level of consistency that I hope to see, otherwise I worry I'll get off track too much.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #12  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

I've lost almost 50 pounds in five months. It's definitely getting harder and I am thinking about taking a controlled break ... I think my body could use some time to recover and get used to my current weight before I start on the next round.

I had planned to lose 110 pounds in one year and now I am letting go of that a little. The important thing for me is not to lose a lot of weight fast, but to create a new healthy way of living for the rest of my life. If it takes 18 months to lose 110 pounds, or two years, it really doesn't matter. I'm already so much more confident, and my weight related health problems are mostly a thing of the past.
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 350/ticker/164

Height: 5'8

I started Feb. 5th of this year, so 9.5 months, and as of today I'm down 137lbs. I've been pretty hard core low carb this whole time, so that's why the fast loss. I still have 49 bounds to go until I hit a 24.9 BMI and that is my goal weight for now. I may readjust when I get there. Realistically I hope to be at or very, very near that by May.
HeidiNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #14  
Makin' it happen

S/C/G: 296/198/150

Height: 5'4

I'm coming up on one year of losing, and I'm just shy of 100 lbs lost. Hopefully, by the one year mark I've also reached the 100 lb mark! I've had a few plateaus along the way, but it's mostly been steady. I also broke my goals down into mini-goals of 50 lbs each. It is so much easier to think about that way. You can do it!
onagain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #15  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I started in April of 2007 and got to goal (145 lbs lost) seventeen months later. I've been maintaining since then.

Congratulations to everyone on this thread for their weight loss!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote