Old 11-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #1  

Default Sadly, I'm back

This is the deal: Thru your help, determination, and downright control, 2 yrs ago via the Ideal Protein diet, I lost 43 lbs. This year I have had 3 surgeries and an introduction to a horrible thing called Shingles. I am past the Shingles, but guess what? ALL the weight has come back. I did the whole beat-me-up things for a few months and then got over it. I am back on IP, but I have having real problems with getting hungry late at night. I am following the diet to the letter. Drinking all the water, standing firm to the rules, but around 11pm (the worst time!), my resolve dissolves and I have an IP bar. Last night I went up almost 2 lbs. I need a cheerleader here ladies/gentleman. This is no longer an aesthetic thing for me, it's for my health. Please help me to get past this. All of "I know I can do it" doesn't help. I look to the future and talk to myself about my health, the benefits, that I've done this before so I know I can do it again. None of this helps. It's like my mind won't listen. Please help.

Pam
pdsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #2  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

S/C/G: 206/186.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello I totally know where you are coming from. I have that same late night issue. Do you have diabetes? Just wondering if it is a consequence of that. Could you do something like have a jello at 11? I might try that if I am up late tonight and hungry. But I am not sure what works....I am playing this by ear. I wish you all the best getting started and sticking with it.
Medeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/197/140

Height: 5' 4"

My dietician encourages me to have a bar if I am hungry. Maybe half a bar would help? Night time is the worst for me too. One other suggestion from my dietician is to be sure you eat food that has a kick to it..like spicy. We register more fulfilling taste in our mouth when food is spicy. Maybe adding hot sauce or nibbling on pieces of canned jalapenos (in the Mexican aisle) while you eat your dinner will help...

Ranch Girl
Ranch Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm not on the IP plan, so I don't know how much flexibility you have. Could you try eating dinner later? You might want to shift your other meals later too if you have the flexibility. Or, could you reserve some food during the day to have an on-plan snack after dinner?
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:21 AM   #5  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

ok pdsmall. Don't be sad to be back! We all get it. I could populate a small village with the weight I lost and regained! But you are here now. Together we will cheer for eachother. Rock your world Sister!
lucindaarrowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #6  
maintaining since 9/2013

[ok pdsmall. Don't be sad to be back! We all get it. I could populate a small village with the weight I lost and regained! But you are here now. Together we will cheer for eachother. Rock your world Sister!]

bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdsmall View Post
Last night I went up almost 2 lbs. (
If you are weighing yourself between WIs, I'd suggest stopping that and just weighing in at the clinic. Weight fluctuates day to day and can really mess with your head. You will be much happier to focus on how your size is shrinking, and that's much more reliable indicator of progress than the scale.

If you are too too hungry at night, don't eat a restricted bar. Instead consider extra protein like egg white omelette, shirataki "noodles" (tofu, really); boneless skinless chicken breast. If you absolutely feel you need a packet, try a non-restricted. The idea is to stay in ketosis, so best to minimize the extra carbs. Some people need the extra packet depending on weight & activity. Have you spoken about it with your coach?

I found that going to bed early really helped too, and it was easy because I tired more easily on IP. If you are having something caffeinated late in the day, maybe this could account for 11 pm hunger. Going to bed early meant I got up earlier, but in the morning I have a lot more will power.

The feeling of hunger is so compelling. If you are eating everything on the protocol and getting in your water, consider that the hunger might be that your body is about to burn fat. I've noticed my feelings of intense hunger tend to coincide with a sudden drop in measurements OR weight. Easier said than done to wait and see though!

Last edited by mars735; 02-17-2014 at 10:47 AM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote