Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 08:13 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #39

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #39

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

LBS DOWN FRIDAY : POST YOUR LBS LOST FOR THE WEEK ON FRIDAY AND I WILL COMPILE THEM AND POST THEM TOGETHER WITH OUR LBS DOWN
Old 11-14-2003, 08:14 AM   #2  

FRIDAY: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday! How we doing girls! Tell us your lbs down! I know you are all doing well!

WRAP UP POINTS!

Dorothy:
Judy:
Joy:

Judy: You may want to think about something for in the future. Several years ago, Jack and bought a phone with a pay as you use kind of thing and have never changed. We didn't have credit to buy a regular program, so we just bought a phone and we buy time every 60 days for it. Now WE don't use our cell phone a lot and it stays in the car most of the time just for emergencies, but it may be a better deal for you to not only keep you from using it so much, but cutting down on the expense. There are several companies that do it nowadays, but we use tracfone and do everything over the internet. We originally bought a phone at radio shack all those years ago, but you can do it all online now. I am glad you got a little piece of mind and I think Joy is right on. When Jack was in the Navy we were hand to mouth ALL the time, never could catch up because I didn't work. My kids needed a mom at home. We are here for you through EVERYTHING! If you would ever like to talk to me privately about anything, just pm me and I will give you my e-mail address. I have been through everything from car repossession to having my phone cut off and not being able to get another one for a long time.

You ladies have an absolute terrific day!

Faye
Old 11-14-2003, 09:01 AM   #3  

Good Morning Ladies!

WEll, I just unexpectedly got my exercise in. We are having terrible winds here, and a big tree of our blew part way into the road. There's no gas for the chainsaw (and dh won't let me use it anyway ) so I just headed out with a regular old crosscut saw and hacked away at it until it was small enough to drag back out of the way. I'd have waited till later, except it was right at the end of a blind curve, and I could just see someone getting into a bad wreck if I didn't move it right away. I feel better now and am actually energized by the outdoor exercise.

Got all 4 points again yesterday! Woo hoo.....2 in a row! No pounds down to report, but at least Ididn't go up. I'm determined to get past that 220 mark this week! It's held me up for 3 weeks now, and I've HAD IT!! I'm starting back up with the food journal (let it slip the past few weeks) and am NOT going back for seconds for any reason! Last night I made a lovely bean and leek dish with ham......had very few calories, so I told myself I could eat as much as I wanted. I ate more than I should cuz I was STUFFED and uncomfortable! Just because I "can" eat more of something doesn't mean I should!

Well, hope everyone has lots of pounds down this week! Faye, I'm psyched to see you in that red dress!!! please post a picture! It's very smart of your son to change wedding plans like that. My dh and I ended up doing almost the same thing. When I started making out a guest list there were like 200 people that I HAD to invite....then the $$$$ started adding up and I got overwhelmed. I called my mom and told her we were just going to elope. She freaked out (cuz I'm the only kid of hers that actually got married...lots of grandkids, but only one SIL). She said "WAIT, Call me back in an hour!" So I did, and she had organized EVERYTHING! She had a church, a preacher, a hotel for out of town guests, a restaraunt for the reception. "Just show up with a man and a dress, everything else is done!!" It was so funny, but I had absolutely no stress! I had a nice church wedding, with 12 of my family in attendance. None of my friends had to feel bad about not attending because we went to Tennessee for the ceremony (we were living in NC at the time). I think the whole thing cost under $1,000.00 and the best part is I REMEMBER every minute of the day! Lots of people get so caught up in the details and stress that they don't fully enjoy what's happening. Plus, I just couldn't wait a whole year to get married!

Oooh, long winded again.....must be the beans from last night!

See you later!
Julie
Old 11-14-2003, 09:01 AM   #4  
I Can and I Will

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!! Well only got 3 points yesterday... no formal exercise... had no power for almost 4 hours so i didnt do much... My back is still bothering me... what because i go to the doctor to have it looked at it starts acting up?? LOL every day this week i have woken up sore... hurts ro breath or move to sharply... so i get up and put on my bra then prop myself up on some pillows... Anyway... i am going to try just doing some stretching.... laying on my back... slow and simple. I have been under on calories as well lately... but i havent been hungry so i dont eat...lol I hope all of you have a fabulous day... remember to take care of u... love you all

Sandy
Old 11-14-2003, 09:52 AM   #5  

Happy Friday!!!!

I get another dancing banana!! I lost 4 more pounds!!!!
(that banana is the goofiest thing---makes me smile) Thank you ladies for being here and keeping me on track---just reading your stories helps me tremendously.

Julie, I want to come live with you!!! I love Texas, but fall is my favorite season and we just don't have one here. I bet it is beautiful where you are. I am originally from Chicago and I miss the wonderful colors of fall.

Joy, wonderful words to live by. I have printed them so I can read them again when I get to feeling overwhelmed. Your mother-in-law sounds like a terrific lady.

Faye, thank you, I will pm you you are very kind to offer and I really could use your wonderful advice and encouragement. I did sleep well last night, and I am looking into pre-paid cell phones. I don't like driving long distances, alone, without the security of a cell phone----just in case.

I just need to remember to take it one day at a time, and I thank you wonderful ladies for reminding me that I am not alone and that there are people out there that care.

I am so glad I found ya'll!!!
Judy
Old 11-14-2003, 10:26 AM   #6  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie:
SandyB:

Total lbs down for me from last Friday: 7! Woohoo. Judy has 4 which is 11 so far. Anybody else want to contribute to the weeks losses as a group?

Ok, I need to blow off before I explode. First off, I am irked at dh because I am being husband and wife right now in all aspects because I have to and I just can't be responsible for EVERYTHING! He didn't take his meds last night because I didn't NAG his butt. I got mad at him about it and told him he has to figure out how to remember because I can't continually be watchng over him.

On top of that, they are saying we need to file FLMA papers even though Jack has 22 sick days on the books. I am terrified we won't get paid next week. It seems to me that if you have paid time off you don't need to file paperwork because this is for up to 12 weeks UNPAID time off and he has sick time with a dr excuse. I am up to the stress level of popping my cork. We have to have that money to live on. It is all we have and darn it we are entitled to it. That is what it is for, sickness! Anyway, I just needed to talk because right now I am pretty stressed. I am going to take a shower and then go to the store I think as I need a couple things.

Faye
Old 11-14-2003, 11:23 AM   #7  

4 points for yesterday and 1 pound down. It seems that my body only likes to lose 1 pound at a time no matter how "good" or "bad" I am.

Faye: 7 pounds!!! That's incredible

Judy: Fabulous work with 4 pounds gone!
Old 11-14-2003, 12:38 PM   #8  

Morning Chicks!

Way to go Faye and Judy and Susan!! You too rock...everyone in here rocks.

I'll let you know how it goes on Sunday with pounds down for me.

Oh my weird
WTG: is that TOM is finally parting with me it seems...pleeeease cross your fingers he does I feel less bloated already.

Okay that's all for now gotta run.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:24 PM   #9  

Susan: YOU GET A

TOTAL LBS DOWN THIS WEEK FOR THE GROUP SO FAR IS 12!

Dot: Here's to hoping TOM goes away for awhile at least until the next time he is supposed to visit!

Well, I was so miffed I contacted the dept of labor about this FMLA thing and they are checking into it and will e-mail me back the answer so I just have to wait. My big thing right now is being nervous about them paying us next week on his regular payday. Oh, well, until then, I can do nothing about it so I have to not stress out, right?

I better go ladies. I am freezing today, but am trying not to turn on the heat!

Faye
Old 11-14-2003, 01:25 PM   #10  

Wink

HEY everyone....so far,so good today....I wanted to ask yall please keep this family in your prayers,I do not know them ,but this morning a bus was hit head on by a young father,26,and he was killed...his 4 year old son was with him and he is in critical condition....there was only 7 children on the bus and only one was seriosly hurt to take to the hospital....I really feel for the mother of this young child,as her son is in a coma and she has lost her husband...it happened right down the road,and I panic when I heard the sirens,thinking it was my children's bus ,as they had just left not to long before I heard them...it just breaks my heart....please keep them in your prayers..the man came over in front of the bus,they are not sure why yet.....on other thoughts ...I just wanted to say that I love all of you and if I ever come into big big big money I will certainly take care of all of you ,as yall are truly my friends....will check back in later...love and hugs...Joy
Old 11-14-2003, 02:27 PM   #11  

Default My prayers are out there for the family and for Faye and for Judy and for Sandybrat

I am thinking about all of you and praying for your peace and happiness.

Faye- Slow down and take a deep breath. This too shall pass. You know as well as I do that HE will provide. Everything will work out. Think about thw worst of financial times for you and Jack. You're both here and are ok right? That's what matters most, You have each other, your loved ones and your spirituality. Everything else will fall into place. ((((HUGS))))

Sandybrat- Feel better soon. I am so worried about you. I've noticed not so many LOL's in your posts, let alone not as many posts altogether. ((((HUGS)))

Judy- The same goes for you as for Faye. Consider this time a lifelearning lesson for you and do the best you can with what you have. I have been so down and out before that my 1st hubby, my 9 month old baby girl and I were homeless in the dead of winter. We slept in our car freezing. My baby on my chest covered in blankets. She was warm, but I sure wasn't. My face was freezing. I'm one of those people who fear suffocation, so no blankets over the face. OOPS Off track there for a sec. My point was that we overcame that and both of us have learned from our mistakes that put us in that situation. Now being homeless is one of my biggest fears in life. If i pay nothing else, my mortgage always gets paid. Yet I also understand
Old 11-14-2003, 04:15 PM   #12  

Good afternoon!

I got a unique form of exercise today. I took part in the official World's Largest Pillow Fight.

Oh my goodness my heart nearly broke when I read about that bus accident, my prayers are with them and with all of you.

Last edited by Scuzin; 11-14-2003 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:37 PM   #13  

Wink Sorry about that abrupt ending....

What I was trying to say was that I also understood what Judy was saying about having to take care of yourself or you won't be able to care for others.

Anyhoo- I get points for exercise and O/P yesterday, but only 40 ounces of water. I'm considering putting myself on a week challenge to get me back on track with the whole water thingy.I'll let ya know.

Faye you had me cracking up on that whole climbing the stairs thing! I mean I was literally laughing out loud! The only difference between me and your friend is I'm the one wanting to climb the stairs all the time!!

Dang 30's

Mirabelly had me rolling too with the whole visual of the PMS rage engulfed woman with an axe!!

Thanks for the smiles!

Oh yeah I lost 0.4 of a pound, not much but ahh well onto another week. I am also considering changing my weigh in day to Monday. I'm thinking that if all weekend long I know I'll have to weigh in opn Monday that maybe I'll behave better on the weekends. That seems to be the time that I get most off track. Hmmm I just dunno... Sorry.. I just had to do that...he's so cute! I do love that crazy banana too though!

Have a great weekend!
Lisa

Last edited by friendsforfitness; 11-14-2003 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:33 AM   #14  

Well, I was thinking tonight, "oh I don't have to go to the gym today. I'll do fine skipping a day" But by golly I went and did it anyway even though it was already past 8. That used to be one of my biggest downfalls. I would think "oh this food won't hurt me if I only eat a little, or once" wich if course would turn into 3, 4, 5, times. So I overcame!

Ok, I can foresee a personal challenge comming up in the near future. I appear to be developing a wee bit of a crush on a fellow in one of my classes, and since I'm still stuck on the 13 year old thinking of "I have feelings = guy automaticly not interested" if I were to ever use an excure to eat chocolate this is it. but I WON'T GIVE IN!

hmmm it seems my TOM snuck up on me. I just figured out today what that stood for!!! (I usually at least get some sort of mental warning but not this time! (hmmm this may explain certain things in the last paragraph)

Lisa: Go for the week challenge, I'm sure with a boost and a little time the water will get back on track.

And for each and every one of you
Old 11-15-2003, 06:17 AM   #15  

SATURDAY: Sunny Thoughts Saturday! Today is the day to have happy thoughts and pass them on!

Good morning girlies!

Hope you are still snoozin except probably Pam who is working because she always seems to be WORKING!

I got an answer about the FMLA thing from someone here on the boards who peeks in. I had just better see that money in our checking account after midnight on Wed!

It is supposed to rain all day here today so I guess it is a good thing I am going to try and clean today. Boy, it sure does come around fast. I seem to always be cleaning something!

For those of you who posted: OUR WEEK TOTAL LOSS WAS 12.4 LBS. Let's keep up the good work!

I will check back in later when everyone is up and at em and post points!

Faye
Closed Thread