View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #27
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Simply Saturday

GOOD NOVEMBER MORNING MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is another chilly day here in the ♥-Land with the temp at 26įs with a low of 15įs. My sleep last night kept being disturbed by the neighborhood dogs sounding off and getting our dogs to respond. Donít have a clue what was in the alley to get them all going because it was too cold for me to get out of a nice warm bed to investigate. Probably just a skunk wandering through the neighborhood. Good thing that we shut that back door when it is so cold because our dogs would go out and probably get sprayed if the skunk was in our yard. We have a locking screen which is great in warm weather to be able to have the door open. The doggie door is in the locking screen bottom but the cold air does leak through the screen part at the top.

We have been looking for a rack that will carry a jerry can and a high lift jack and found that Smitty Built has just the one. It will mount on the rear spare tire rack along with the tire. There is a way to lock these things on so they canít be stolen easily. Instead of wing nuts those locking nuts are great for one needs a special tool to get them off. We will have to remember to tell our insurance agent of our upgrades so they will be covered in our policy.

Will just left to go to a re-in-actors meeting and I imagine he will come home having been voted in as their Sheriff. The group re-in-acts different gun fights and other interesting happenings that have formed our western history times. There is quite a large number of folks that attend these functions and are interested in the history of what shaped our country. The folks that do the acting research their character and do their best to give a true performance of what transpired. Some of their performances have been filmed and used on TV on the history channel showing what really transpired in the old west. The way it really was and not what most movies have portrayed it to be. It is interesting just what the role was that prostitutes played in history times. There were ones that were nurses and school teachers and such. They did what they thought they needed to do to survive, I guess, for the times were tough. Will is doing some research on them for a friend that is an author and writing a book on the way the west was ~ really was ~ historically speaking. Ladies of the night and how they survived is quite an interesting part of our history.

Cecil is funny. He doesnít use his butt hutt which sits in my office anymore so Will dumped a container of kitty litter in a bit of a hole in the back yard and that is his spot to do his business. I imagine when the snow flies and covers the yard he will be using his inside butt hutt once again and my job of scooping it clean each day will resume. I have left it sitting where it is because he jumps on it then onto his table where his food is. He is fed up there because otherwise the dogs would eat his food for he doesnít eat it all in one setting.

Have a great day my Magnolia friends.
Always remember ~ A setback is only a setup for a comeback.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote