Old 11-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #1  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Christian Encouragers-November 2013

Welcome Friends
--------------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a
beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #2  
wishin' for sun!

Launched the November thread and wanted to begin with giving thanks. It's our Thanksgiving month here in the US. I know Canada had theirs in October, but it's never too late to give thanks, so I'm starting off telling everyone how thankful I am for this site and especially this group/thread of encouragers! I'd not have made it as far as I have in my health journey without you all!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Prayers continue for Bargoo & Rosebud and your families. I sure hope you both get a chance to pop in to see that we're all thinking about you and praying. Miss you both!

God bless!
Old 11-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Thanks for starting the November thread Ronni62. I too am thankful for this thread and how everyone is there for each other. I have been thinking about our Thanksgiving too and how much I have to be thankful for.

Prayers continue for Bargoo, Rosebud and their family as well as all the prayers of others here. I pray we will hear from Bargoo and Rosebud soon and pray that everyone is doing well.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #4  
wishin' for sun!

Good morning, everyone! We're having some cold temps this morning. There was snow to the NW of our area. My MIL got an inch or so of the white stuff--not ready for that at all! Our son's football team has made it to the state quarterfinals, which will be on Friday. Hoping they can go all the way this year, but they've gone farther this year than the last 4 or so years, so it's good! Gonna be cold, but it's a home game, so that'll be nice.

Then, on Saturday, it's Senior Day at DS2's football game, so DH can go to all the football meetings and meal, plus we get introduced with him at the game-he's in a student coaching position, since his knee dislocated and he couldn't play any longer. Can't really believe he's a senior in college and will be out on his own shortly!

Experimented with a new recipe yesterday. Because my mom had made chocolate chip cookies for everyone else, I decided to try making them with no wheat flour & no dairy. Used a recipe out of a new cookbook (Against All Grain) and modified it just a bit. The cookies are great! Made using almond & coconut flour, coconut oil, and dairy-free chocolate chips. I just made a small batch, so I won't overdo it on calories, but they are really good, especially for someone who hasn't had homemade cookies in over a year!

Going to head to town later to return a couple things, plus get a few groceries. Not a whole lot going on. Must figure out something for supper, but not sure what sounds good yet.

So, I'm rambling. Hope you all have a great day! Keeping everyone in my prayers, especially Bargoo & Rosebud. God bless!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #5  
Mum of 3G

S/C/G: 280/275.2/199

Height: 5'5"

Just joined and immediately started looking for a Christian support! So glad to have found some!
VGibs1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #6  
wishin' for sun!

VGibs- Glad to have you with us! I see you're from Ontario. We have a couple others from Canada also. This is a great place for support for our weight loss challenges and for any and all concerns. We have a prayer request thread also, so feel free to bring requests to the prayer warriors.

Hi, again, to everyone else, too! Got my town chores done today with little problem, which is always nice So, now, I'm just chillin' in front of the tv. I've become addicted to Survivor and have always liked Criminal Minds, so tonight's my veg-out night. Hope you all have a great evening! God bless! And, as always, prayers going up.

Bargoo & Rosebud-missing you a lot. Sure hope you're both doing ok with chemo. Praying without ceasing
Old 11-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/158/135

Height: 5'2

Hi,
I am on the road to weight loss. I need support and would like to offer support too. I am glad to find a Christian group.
JaysDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysDays View Post
Hi,
I am on the road to weight loss. I need support and would like to offer support too. I am glad to find a Christian group.
Welcome and good luck.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #9  

Hello. I just found this thread and as glad to see a christian thread. I am a minister so I'm truly happy to find you all.
KAIJAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #10  
wishin' for sun!

JaysDays & KAIJAH- Glad to have you here!

Bargoo-Hope you're doing ok. Glad to see your post. Prayers continue

Rosebud-prayers continue for you also and for your DH. Miss you!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #11  
wishin' for sun!

Well, today's a big day for us….DS3 and his football team are going to the state semi-finals today! The team they have to play is really good, but these kids have proven themselves this year, so we're hopeful they may be able to pull off a win and head on to the championship! They play the same team today in the same semi-final game that our DS2 did 5 years ago, but our guys lost that one. He got revenge on one of those players last weekend, when his college (where he's a student coach) pulled off a huge upset and beat the #1 ranked team where one of the stars from that high school team now plays. It was fantastic! Could be a good sign

Either way, win or lose, it's hard to think that these are my boys last games, as they're both seniors. DS3 has no intention of playing college football, so our football days will be over this week or next. When DS2 and we were introduced at his game last week, it was hard to control the tears. DS2 was very choked up, knowing his college career is nearing the end…unless he'd be offered a permanent coaching position, but not sure he'd want to go that way right now. Lots of changes happening this year

If you get a chance, DH has an interview today for a different job in his plant. He wants the job, but not sure he should take it if offered, due to issues in the past with the person he'd be working most closely with. Most of you know about the fraud/attempted firing, etc from last year, so won't revisit that, but that's the guy he'd have to work with. He's not sure what to do, but decided to interview anyway. I kinda take the 'put out the fleece' method and feel that if God means for DH to be in this job, He'll leave us no doubt and will make sure it gets offered…otherwise, they'll offer it to one of the other guys. I also believe that, if DH does get the position, God will have his back.

Hope you all have a blessed day! Prayers going up, especially for Bargoo and Rosebud and families. God bless!
Old 11-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #12  
wishin' for sun!

Hello, everyone! Hoping everyone's having a nice autumn, praising our Lord & giving thanks, and successfully following all eating plans

Our DS3's team lost last week so high school football is done--part of me is happy for the break, but it was sad for it to end on a low note. Glad they did so well, though, and got to the semi-finals! Soccer doesn't start until March, so we have a bit of a break, as DS3 doesn't play any winter sports, although he'll be continuing his weight-lifting in a couple weeks after his broken hand gets some more time to heal.

DS2's team is going to the play-offs! They are soooo happy!

We went to MN yesterday and helped my MIL move furniture to her garage, because she's getting new flooring in her living, kitchen, dining rooms, and hallway this week. Her furniture is kinda old and worn and we hate to have to move it all back in on new floors, but none of us can afford to get her all new. Might check out what some of the local second hand shops have, but, of course, have to be very careful with 2nd hand furniture. She does need a new stove, badly, so we might get her one for Christmas--the simple gas ones aren't too expensive right now.

Having some nice weather, but cold. Very sorry about all the storm damage and deaths in IL, IN areas yesterday. What a tragedy. Plus, so many gone in the Phillipines and massive clean-up needed. Prayers for all involved.

Must get to work here….just having a hard time getting motivated today

Hope you all are having a nice day! God bless!
Old 11-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #13  

God bless all here,
I'm thankful for this forum and Christian encouragement.
Thank You Lord for Your faithfulness and mercy.

Myself I need to lose 35 lbs. past efforts include Atkins, weight watchers, and the weigh down diet (Shamblin). Support like the groups here means all the difference.

Have a blessed day.
Javagal84
Javagal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #14  
wishin' for sun!

Javagal- Glad to have you here!
Old 11-21-2013, 03:44 AM   #15  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

To my sisters in Christ.
Praise God for the provision of strong Christian women to support each other and join in prayer.
We can do all things through Him who strengthens us.
Have a good day.
Love and prayers from the Welsh Mountains.
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote