South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Frisky Friday Chat, 11/22

I know it's early, but I'm feeling frisky and excited about my upcoming Thanksgiving vacation. I have to work Monday, but have the rest of the week off.

There's no special plans for this weekend, just the usual laundry, cleaning, and grocery shopping. And if we feel energetic and motivated enough, we may decide to start putting up our outside Christmas decorations. If the weather cooperates, that is. There's a chance of snow in our forecast for Sunday!
Old 11-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Cottage! I bet you'll have a great Thanksgiving vacation. Anything exciting planned while your visitor is here?

Yesterday was long but decent, got me out of my yucky mood from the morning. AND, my van bill was under 1K! WOOO HOOO! (we were afraid it would be closer to 1500. still didn't want that bill)

I have Gordon set up to see the cardiologist on the 3rd, the boss is going with me to learn technique better. He is sitting next to me purring .

Today - work until 2, then probably figure out my menu and shop for tomorrow. We have an international student coming over for dinner, and a few friends as well. Many items will be SBD friendly, and my vegetarian friend will be there, so lots of veggies. Mmmmmmm....
Old 11-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm working out as usual today then off to work again. I will probably run by Costco on the way home; I have a prescription to pick up and some apples to return. The first one in the pack I cut into had rotten spots all the way through and many of the others felts soft and mushy. I wish it wasn't so much more expensive to buy and hand select them from a grocery or specialty store.

Have a great day.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, PA Pals and chicks to come. Tammy, I definitely must try a spring trip down there to meet you - and see Hershey! Hope sweet Gordon has a good visit today.

Linda, I'm gearing up for next week. Got some Christmas shopping done yesterday which relieved some pressure. Been running a lot of interference for this Celebrate the Season event and will be do glad when Joanne gets back from Disney Sunday and back to the Office Monday. Too many drama queens in this Village!

Today I have a short list of outside things to get done so I hope the rain holds off. Covering the AC and BBQ are first on the list and I would like to get the porch lights up. We have snow predicted for Saturday and Sunday so 'tis the Season. I swapped the apples in my glass lamp for silver ornaments but that's the extent of the Christmas decor so far. I have the Girls and four kids coming for dinner Sunday night and need to buy minimal groceries for that. I have nearly emptied my fridge so it'll be ready for the holidays.

Time to hit the kitchen and empty the dishwasher - my least favourite job!

Everyone have a good "frisk on this TGIF!

Hi, Karen. I saw you pop in. There should not be mush apples this time of year! Give them heck!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. It is so nice Ruth and Lindaget to spend Thanksgiving together. We are going to my sister's. It will not be a traditional dinner, but I am making Elana's Paleo Apple Tart and a SBD friendlyish cheesecake. I am working Sunday through Wednesday then Friday and Saturday. I guess I will be staying up late Wednesday.

Gotta try and get DS out the door. Have a great day!
Old 11-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Boy all this thanksgiving talk and recipes arriving in my box each day makes me want to celebrate thanksgiving again. Thanksgiving is not such a big deal here. But boy if you are in quebec new year's eve is the thing

So was any one else around 50 years ago. I so remember that day

Take care
Sophie
Old 11-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I sure do, Sophie. I was sewing and listening to the radio when the announcement came on. In the afternoon, I got a phone call from the CAS saying that our baby boy was ready for adoption. Hard to forget a day like that!
Old 11-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

everyone! It sounds like holiday plans are falling together!

I'm saying hello from my iPhone as I don't quite have it together yet! I had to set my alarm for midnight and drive up to the projects and check the water. It's super cold here and I couldn't risk a water freeze to complicate my project agenda. Fortunately all was well and it's supposed to start warming up.

Pearlrose, You asked yesterday if my projects were close to finished. Not really. My own personal project for a rental got put on the back burner when three of my mothers rentals opened up at one time. I do have one of my mothers that is getting carpet installed on Tuesday. After that it should be ready for rental. The other two still have a lot of work. Will focus on one first but the other has a rotten floor under a clawfoot bathtub. That will be a challenge especially getting the old tub out. It's certainly not the time of year to be doing this but we really have no choice. It's pretty evident I'm not going to have much of a life until they all have tenants especially with the fear of water freezing this time of year. So I just try to make progress every day off that I have and keep moving forward.

Tammy, Best wishes at the cardiologist today! We are sure fortunate to have a great one here! Bing goes back again in December.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 11-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday wasn't too bad all in all, staff are feeling much more comfortable and hopeful it will be smoother today.

DD2 got her teeth pulled in under 30 minutes and the toothfairy paid her a visit last night

Sophie I do not remember still had two more years before I was born.

Debbie wow that sounds like you'll still have a lot of work today, I must say that I am always so impressed by you. It makes want to do more on our house

to everyone else time for my 8 a.m. call.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!!!
Old 11-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #10  

Crazy busy day - miss you all - hope to see you more regularly soon!!

be well -
Old 11-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's nice hearing everyone's plans. Ruth, I hope you're good and hungry for turkey, we got a huge one this year! And this year I'm trying a Quorn roast instead of tofurky. You're welcome to share that with me.

Sophie, I remember I was in 7th grade geography class, when another teacher came in and whispered something in our teacher's ear, and he put his head down on his desk and sobbed. A few minutes later, we were all told to go to our homerooms where we were told what happened. I still get goosebumps when I think about it.
What were you doing that day?
Old 11-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #12  
sophie

Linda. I was living in montreal, fresh out of post secondary school working for a mental health clinic. I remember trying to phone my mother for hours and all the lines were busy
Take care
Sophie
Old 11-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening. Some sober thoughts on this forum today. I was a few months away from being born but realize how shocking and scary that day must have been.

I am also looking forward to my short week coming up! DS1 will be home as well- it will be good to see him. I will start to do some prep work this weekend.

Anyone want to join me in a glass of red wine tonight?
Closed Thread