View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #22
gma22

Good afternoon gals. All done at the PEM meeting. Thank goodness Tricare Prime allows new meds and such. I got the Freestyle meter, which is easy to use and only needs small amount of blood. I had to do a practice run and stuck myself, did my meter and got results and looked down and my hand was covered in blood. My finger was bleeding like crazy just from a little stick. I only have to check my blood sugar once a day and I will be taking an oral med twice a day and I have one of the new insulin pens so no syringes. I ask tons of questions as did Jack and I am so glad he went. It is really overwhelming to have to know how to do all these new things and such. They will call and check on my progress a couple times next week then I have to go back in 3 weeks from now. They are happy with my diet and such, which is good.

Tomorrow is Christmas shopping for the little guy after my appt with the gyn. I have decided I am going to demand the first of next year I have a hysterectomy. I am done going through this. I have to wait because Jack has no more vacation days. He took his last one today to go with me. I can wait that long.

My hands are freezing today for some reason. Jack will grab my hand when we are sitting in the recliner and his hands are always so toasty. I have lost a lot of weight in my fingers so maybe that is why they are cold.

Jean: The casserole doesn't sound bad, maybe it just needs something more liquid to keep it from being dry maybe more pizza sauce. Except for it being dry did it taste good??? I like bell pepper in my meatloaf but Jack doesn't so mine is gr sirloin, ketchup, br sugar, onion, bread crumbs and egg, mix and bake. Hope you aren't going to get a lot of snow.

Susan: Yay for one thing. Jack unplugged the downstairs toilet and that made the upstairs one work fine so no expensive plumber!! We are joining YMCA a week from tomorrow. We are waiting because they do an auto pay for the 1st and the 15th and I want them to charge my bank account on the first instead of the 15th. I am looking forward to the pool I think I would like to try a stationary type bike maybe. I am looking forward to it.

Maggie: The dogs have the right idea. Stay inside and stay warm. Have you started on your museum project??? Ok, I want your very best sugar free dessert. I am not a big cake person, but whatever you think is the best tasting dessert send me the recipe. I want something for the holidays.

Well gals, gotta go pick up my meds. Even with Tricare it is going to cost us nearly $100 Have a lovely weekend. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote