View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #17
lisa32989
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I am no expert, but the first thing I would eliminate is refined sugar and flour. See how it goes and then try some Paleo types of baked goods when you have a sweet tooth. 65x65 recommended a book about carbs that others have read and found very helpful. I just don't remember the name, but perhaps you can find it by doing a search.
Agreed! The book "The Art and Science of Low Carb Living" is great for helping us understand that some "healthy" things (grains, fruits, for example) may be "healthy" but not especially good for US, especially in larger amounts. Fruit once/day is not unrealistic. More often could cause insulin spikes in folks particularly sensitive. If you are struggling with weight, you may be one of those particularly sensitive folks.

My entire Pinterest is filled with paleo goodies and meals I've found. I have yet to make any. I'll make my low carb sugar-free//grain-free crustless pumpkin "pie" for Thanksgiving, although I'm thinking of making a smaller one so I don't have as many leftovers.

Another thought: are you using MFP or another tracking program? It can help you observe calorie/net carb content and see which adjustments are working.

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

Last edited by lisa32989 : 11-21-2013 at 10:13 AM.