Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 11/20/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #2  

Here is a motivator Beck Diet Solution posted on Monday:
The most successful dieters and maintainers are not those who never make mistakes - they are those who make mistakes and get immediately back on track. This week, if you make a mistake, do the opposite of what you've likely been doing: DON'T beat yourself up and DO immediately resume normal eating for the day. Remember, EVERYONE makes mistakes, but not everyone uses those mistakes as an excuse to keep making more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
I did good all day yesterday but found myself givin in to snacks last night. It's like the baby in me says "you are recovering and worked all day and are in pain and tired, poor thing you have what you want" bull crap enough of that!!!! Where does this even come from I was so loving this diet and so on target and not even tempted to cheat before so this complete turn around has me confused and baffled.
A friend told me this a long time ago:the inner child cannot be in charge of the food plan. That is an adult responsibility.
I always liked that.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

A friend told me this a long time ago:the inner child cannot be in charge of the food plan. That is an adult responsibility.
I always liked that.
I like that Lisa! I currently try to keep my "inner child" locked and gagged in the basement when it is time to make food decisions!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I like that Lisa! I currently try to keep my "inner child" locked and gagged in the basement when it is time to make food decisions!

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-20-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #5  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I always liked that.
I like that too!! I'm using that one!!

Happy Hump Day everyone!!
Old 11-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/239/175

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!

I have been doing good and staying OP. However, everyday in my way home I pass a Sara Lee factory and smell the fresh baked bread and I am really starting to miss bread. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do fill my cravinvg? After there any recipes to make bread using IP packages?
Old 11-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #7  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesparz View Post
Good morning!

I have been doing good and staying OP. However, everyday in my way home I pass a Sara Lee factory and smell the fresh baked bread and I am really starting to miss bread. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do fill my cravinvg? After there any recipes to make bread using IP packages?
I've made "flatbread" out of the tomato basil soup and the broccoli cheddar soup. There's also muffins from the potato purée. Search the recipe threads for ideas.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #8  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesparz View Post
Good morning!

So I saw a great recipe from rainbowsmiles using a crepe mix. Just search the forum, I think it starts with the word MIX'N, maybe someone else knows the whole title. She has several volumes and is super creative. The only thing my coach was concerned with is me getting in the whole packet on some of the recipes. Some are a bit more simple but at this stage of the game, for me, it's too much math! I too am missing bread and find that some days are worse than others. Bread really has a lot of junk in it and it's not worth my $85 a week to go out of ketosis over. My advice would be to just concentrate on the items on the list and becoming super creative, I know it isn't great, but it's working so far for me anyway. Best of Luck and keep on keeping on!!
Old 11-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportchick11 View Post
So I saw a great recipe from rainbowsmiles using a crepe mix. Just search the forum, I think it starts with the word MIX'N, maybe someone else knows the whole title. She has several volumes and is super creative.
The first post of this thread (every daily thread) has those links
Old 11-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #10  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Hello all I had my first official IP weigh in and I went from 241 to 232 and I am so excited. However I am still going to the gym and want to continue on this path. One of my biggest downfalls is when someone tells me I look good. When this happens in the past how I deal with it is to start eating everything in sight. This is a form of self sabatoge and I vow not to do this while I am on my IP journey. I went home last night after this comment and talked with my close friend who also has been on IP and talked with her. Then I made a great stir fry with many vegetables I previously would not have eaten. What a great dinner and what a great feeling not to give into old habbits. Now to start week 2 I am stoked and will remember that my coach said there might not be much weight loss this week but I am going to stay 100% OP.
I love this website and it is a great avenue of support....
Old 11-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Talking HUGE HUGE confidence booster lastnight

Ok our bedroom is empty atm. we are getting a new CA King box spring and mattress tomorrow

I decided since the room is empty to clean out our closet. I found a Maxi dress that I ordered over the summer. When I got it in july or august I put it on and OMG it look sooooooooooooooooo horrible. It was "one size fits Most" style. It was so snug on my chest, hips, waist and bum I looked like a sausage.

I decided to put it on last night and it FIT!! It is actually a little loose!!! It actually looked pretty on my (blush) DH came in from the garage and said WOW that looks so nice on you (he never gives compliments like that hardly at all!!!)

I think when I lose another 15-20lbs it will look perfect and I wont be at goal!!!

But with that said this is more of an incentive to keep 100% or as close to it as I humanly can

This is my own NSV for me today , plus I woke up in a better mood with that thought in my head!!!

Last edited by sarahBell; 11-20-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #12  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Ok our bedroom is empty atm. we are getting a new CA King box spring and mattress tomorrow

I decided since the room is empty to clean out our closet. I found a Maxi dress that I ordered over the summer. When I got it in july or august I put it on and OMG it look sooooooooooooooooo horrible. It was "one size fits Most" style. It was so snug on my chest, hips, waist and bum I looked like a sausage.

I decided to put it on last night and it FIT!! It is actually a little loose!!! It actually looked pretty on my (blush) DH came in from the garage and said WOW that looks so nice on you (he never gives compliments like that hardly at all!!!)

I think when I lose another 15-20lbs it will look perfect and I wont be at goal!!!

But with that said this is more of an incentive to keep 100% or as close to it as I humanly can

This is my own NSV for me today , plus I woke up in a better mood with that thought in my head!!!
Sarahbell, it is such a great feeling when our sweeties give us compliments. Mine is not the type to say a lot either, so it is extra special when he does. I bet this just made your day!
Old 11-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #13  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Happy Hump Day everyone!
I have a question. The last two days I have felt like I'm an elderly person with arthritis and joint pain in my right hip, so much so that it hurts to move or sit, or lay down. I figured I did something to my hip/side to make it feel this way, but I figured I'd post to here to see if anyone else had experienced this before...
Anyway, Have a great wednesday!
Old 11-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Happy Hump Day everyone!
I have a question. The last two days I have felt like I'm an elderly person with arthritis and joint pain in my right hip, so much so that it hurts to move or sit, or lay down. I figured I did something to my hip/side to make it feel this way, but I figured I'd post to here to see if anyone else had experienced this before...
I think the 100%ers were talking about this a while back.
Someone found some research that just like muscle supports our joints, the fat was compressing on them, as well, providing support. So, after losing the fat, it is time to start some mild strength training to provide muscle support for those joints instead!
So, if you can't think of anything you've "done", I'm guessing this is a possibility, as well.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #15  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all. So, yesterday was my 1st WI on P3. I knew I wasn't going to see P1 losses, but I gained. Almost 4 pounds. Mind you, I was having issues with the Big C, TOM and had a fully belly of breakfast, but I was sad. I am not going to lie. Holding onto my faith that this is a simply part of the process has been helped by the kindness of 3FC member Daklls (thank you!!), with a good reminder regarding what P3 means, how it works, etc. It is an adjustment to not see the losses though.

So, with that, I went home, went jogging in the rain and made yummy steak and cucumber salad for dinner. Today, I am in a better mood and finding trust in myself more and more - although, as the Beatles sang, I get by with a little help from my friends.

Thank you.

Quote:
I always liked that.
I like this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I decided to put it on last night and it FIT!! It is actually a little loose!!! It actually looked pretty on my (blush)
Nice! Congrats!

Last edited by sarita75; 11-20-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Closed Thread